Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from Elland Road - Player ratings

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Looks like I'm the first person to post a thread with the players-ratings from Elland Road.

Firstly, that is one of the worst, lacklustre performances by the Albion that I can remember. No shots on goal until the 85th minute. I thought Joe Anyinsah was meant to be quick and pacy, well an OAP can run faster than what he did today, plus the numerous times he gave the ball away. Robbie Savage, one word - SHIT! Did f*** all.

One bright note was the goal by Glenn Murray, which only about 250 of us saw after the mass exodus after their third.

Micky Adams doesn't really seem to have a clue what he is doing, lumping Virgo right-midfield in the first-half. At least he put him at centre-back in the second.

I thought the Albion fans today were really good, making lots of noise, although that turned hostile in the second-half with the chants of 'Instanbul, Instanbul, Istanbul', started by NSC's finest, which caused a few responses from Albion & Leeds fans. Also saw some old Albion fan being thrown out for fighting with a younger bloke, although haven't a clue what this was about.

Kuipers - 6 - could have done better with Beckford's header to make it 2-0 but kept the score down

Whing - 5 - Leeds kept going down their left which was our right, and Whing was generally average.

Elphick - 6 - Good to see him fighting with the Leeds players, at least he cares.

Hawkins - 4 - outmuscled by Beckford nearly all first-half, no suprise he came off at half-time

Richards - 5 - started brightly but faded

Livermore - 3 - couldn't win anything in midfield, no suprise he was taken off as well

Thomson - 5 - no way near match fitness, although looked good in some spells

Savage - 3 - really really poor, did f***-all. Misplaced passes, should have gone off

Virgo - 5 (4 - first-half, 6 - second-half) played out of position again by the clueless Adams, didn't know what he was doing in the first-half, looked better in the second when playing central defence

Anyinsah - 2 - thought he was meant to be quick, f***ing hell, even Malcolm Stuart was running faster than him today

Murray - 6 - tried his best but had absolutley no support, very well taken goal though

----------------------------

Cox - 3 - came on and did f*** all

Thronton - 4 - same as Cox but looked slightly better

Adams - clueless, really, wonder when the fans will turn on him

Fans - 8 - better turn-out than was mentioned by the ticket sales and thought we were in good voice, although rather hostile. Quite a few good chants about Window Lickers :lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I thought the Albion fans today were really good, making lots of noise, although that turned hostile in the second-half with the chants of 'Instanbul, Instanbul, Istanbul', started by NSC's finest, which caused a few responses from Albion & Leeds fans. Also saw some old Albion fan being thrown out for fighting with a younger bloke, although haven't a clue what this was aboutl:
Name and shame. Very brave of them to do that in the comfort of the away section, I bet none of the geeks on here would have the bottle to sing that in town later on.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Name and shame. Very brave of them to do that in the comfort of the away section, I bet none of the geeks on here would have the bottle to sing that in town later on.

I'm not going to do that, but if they want to come clean then they can.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
the prats who sang Instanbul need to be named....F***** Pricks!!!!!

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Sounds like Hawkins was shite again, hopefully Virgs will start there with Elphick. Can't believe he V started right mid again and Thornton, probably our best player, benched?

You say that as though it would be a cowardly thing NOT to sing - when actually I would hope that most "geeks on here" would have more sense.
It just doesn't seem either smart or clever.
Did you or would you go into the home section and sing something like that then BtF?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You say that as though it would be a cowardly thing NOT to sing - when actually I would hope that most "geeks on here" would have more sense.
It just doesn't seem either smart or clever.
Did you or would you go into the home section and sing something like that then BtF?
The smart or clever thing to do would be to not sing it at all.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Singing, nay, almost rejoicing at the unfortunate death of two human beings should NEVER be condoned.

Exactly! Especially when they were friends of an NSC'er.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I cant believe some people sung that. I was right at the front and I heard it emmenating from the back somewhere and I hoped that I had misheard but clearly not.

What f***ing idiots sung that?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Kuipers - 5 - Thought he was poor for the second and third, big fan of FDM but both struck me as very soft goals from his point of view.

Whing - 6 - Think he was exposed in the first half because Asiyasiyasiyasinah was half playing the left midfield role but pushing on whenever possible. Great block just before the first goal though and ran his bollocks off I thought, especially second half getting forwards.

Elphick - 6 - Solid enough

Hawkins - 4 - either still carrying an injury or in really shocking form virgo in next week please.

Richards - 5 - solid enough apart from being outmuscled for (i think) the second goal

Livermore - 3 - Completely anonymous and bottled a few challenges first half

Thomson - 4 - Sorry I must have missed him.....

Savage - 4 - Shocking, chasing shadows and at fault for the goal when they hit us on the break, should have been more alert when the ball was cleared from our corner.

Virgo - 6 - God knows why he was playing right midfield again, looked a tad shakey second half with a few poor passes but generally sound.

Anyinsah - 3 - Tried to get in behind at times and battled quite well but the basics of how to control the football were clearly lacking today.

Murray - 7 - Best performance I've seen from him (i've missed a lot of games!) worked hard and held the ball up well. Fantastic goal as well.

Cox - 5 - Few good passes across to thornton but probably suffered from the negative team performance second half

Thronton - 7 - Our brightest player when he came on, is there any reason why he was played right with cox on the left? surely the other way round would have been more sensible? should have started.

Adams - 4 - Poor team selection, virgo should have been in at centre back and thornton should have started. Thomson and Savage clearly aren't match so shouldnt have been paired together would have preferred el abd in there today. Cox and Thornton were on the wrong flanks when they came on, half time team talk can't have been very inspiring!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here