Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Awful news coming in from Southport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
From the footage I have just seen it appeared to be locals plus one of the mums shouting at the Prime Minister that her daughter had been stabbed 7 times. Not sure that indicates that they are from the "right".

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
From the footage I have just seen it appeared to be locals plus one of the mums shouting at the Prime Minister that her daughter had been stabbed 7 times. Not sure that indicates that they are from the "right".
If it had been one of my daughters or 3 year old granddaughter killed I cant imagine I would be too bothered about being called far right by a few keyboard knob jockeys

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Forensics officers have seized the car that conveyed the Southport stabbing suspect to the scene of the crime.

The 17-year-old took a taxi from the village of Banks, which is around five miles away, directly to Hart Street. He was then involved in a brief altercation with the driver and two bystanders after he refused to pay the fare.

The driver’s car has now been seized by Merseyside police for forensic examination, other taxi drivers working in Southport said. The suspect remains in custody while investigations are ongoing.
This is so awful. I have a 2 year old granddaughter and cannot imagine the feelings of the poor parents. I imagine the taxi driver must be counting his blessings that he let the guy walk away. I pass absolutely no judgement, but might he have alerted the police to the crime and perhaps state of mind of the guy or was this a regular occurrence in Southport and maybe countrywide for taxi drivers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is so awful. I have a 2 year old granddaughter and cannot imagine the feelings of the poor parents. I imagine the taxi driver must be counting his blessings that he let the guy walk away. I pass absolutely no judgement, but might he have alerted the police to the crime and perhaps state of mind of the guy or was this a regular occurrence in Southport and maybe countrywide for taxi drivers.
I imagine the taxi driver is absolutely distraught and going over it thinking 'what if ?'......the poor guy.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Three girls, Alice, Bebe and Elsie.

It's just unimaginable that they were all stabbed to death at a dance party.

1000005652.png
1000005651.png
1000005650.png

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sir Kier couldn't get away fast enough after he had his picture taken at the scene

Not sure how you’re seeing that. A perfectly reasonable amount of time.

He’s unlikely to stay too long as some morons are using the tragedy to heckle. Likely wanted to leave before the idiots caused any more embarrassing scenes. Some of the most disrespectful heckling I’ve seen for a long time. Children are dead.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What’s Starmer done to be heckled, exactly? Guy’s only been PM less than a month.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The fact that he was carrying a knife is frightning. Not sure if yhe attacker had mental illness problems. Tighter laws on people caught with a knife wwithout a very good excuse need to come in. I know this Probably would not have stopped this attack but you read and see so many pictures/video of people carrying them. If you have a knife in public for no good reason that should be classed as intent, no court case, sentence 5 years.

If he has had mental health problems he woyld have been under social services, however looking at my dealings with social services regarding my mum they are imo hopeless. Society lets itself down.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Surely they mean vigil?

There is no need for a protest. Nobody thinks stabbing people is okay.

Well the racists have jumped on this, so they are probably protesting immigration. No more Welsh immigrants to England.

Enough is Enough is the twitter hashtag of basically "Send the buggers back"

Sorry I’ve been out of the loop and also couldn’t get through most of this thread (and news) as it’s mentally and emotionally quite difficult for me.

What I’d learnt so far was that it was a 17 year old guy who got a taxi and had an argument after not paying, and then this horrific incident that followed.

I didn’t realize there was an immigration aspect to it, though I had noticed quite a few anti-immigration (or Pro-UK?) protests having happened recently - I’m out of the country so I’m definitely not anywhere near up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here