Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Tickets Priority Scheme Next Season - Details

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Too many flaws in the information and details provided for it not to be an April Fools joke!

Good effort though.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I don't know how many away tickets they sell at the club but, although I've been to 12 away games I only pre-bought tickets for 6 of them - and those were for the games I knew would sell out. As Granny Dave said above, why pay the extra booking fee when you don't have to? I doubt we're the only 2 that do this so any points awarded this year will be misleading. As for next year I can see the need to pre-book much more of these as they'll be more attractive venues and quite likely more people chasing the tickets.

I think the increased popularity of away days next season will be negated by the size of the away ends. Virtually all of the away ends in the Championship hold 2,000 fans with many being 3,000 plus. We will only sell out at maybe 3 (Southampton, if they go up, Portsmouth and Palace).

On Giraffe's original post, those points seem reasonably fair to me although I would close the gap between 1901 and season tickets and reduce the amount of points both get allocated straight away. Something like 40 points for season ticket holders and 50 for 1901 meaning that those who attend every away game could overtake season ticket holders and 1901s (who do not attend any, or very few aways) in one season.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Plus they're quite often cheaper in advance- they were for Oldham and Exeter.

Alse you don't have to pay the booking fee if you buy in person at the shop and you don't need to worry about the tickets getting "lost" in the post.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Not a bad effort! The only thing that made it a little obvious was saying Ken Brown he only expected 400 1901 members.

I actually kind of like the idea as well.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I don't know how many away tickets they sell at the club but, although I've been to 12 away games I only pre-bought tickets for 6 of them - and those were for the games I knew would sell out. As Granny Dave said above, why pay the extra booking fee when you don't have to?

Usually when buying online they are £2 cheaper than on the day. We buy 4 so saving £8, and pay a £2 booking fee, thereby saving £6.

That's why

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think the increased popularity of away days next season

I'm not so sure they will be more popular. I very rarely go to Withdean because it is such a crap place to watch football, and living in London I cant be arsed with it, so I go to quite a few away games instead. But as of next season I have a season ticket at the Amex so probably wont go to as many away games because of it. I cant be the only one in this situation?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm not so sure they will be more popular. I very rarely go to Withdean because it is such a crap place to watch football, and living in London I cant be arsed with it, so I go to quite a few away games instead. But as of next season I have a season ticket at the Amex so probably wont go to as many away games because of it. I cant be the only one in this situation?

You may well be right. I think we will see an increase next season if we do ok. If we struggle though we will see a reduction.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Alse you don't have to pay the booking fee if you buy in person at the shop and you don't need to worry about the tickets getting "lost" in the post.

Quite. Whilst no system will never please everyone I'm sure a lot of people have a mate or partner who can pop into the club shop one lunch time. It's a lot less stressful than waiting for the Friday post for your Saturday tickets to arrive I can tell you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You may well be right. I think we will see an increase next season if we do ok. If we struggle though we will see a reduction.

What on earth makes you think this?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

I am sure there will be others like you - but won't any effect like this be counter-balanced by the thousands of new regular supporters some of whom will start going to away games as well.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Will the 1901-ers be taking inflatable prawns on their awaydays?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Good effort. Seems like a few people took the bait!

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Look, we don't know the terms of the scheme yet so you can speculate as much as you want on what, if any, 'loyalty' is carried forward into the new scheme starting next season.

But, it is very, very clear: from next season buy the tickets directly from the away club as POTD and your loyalty won't be recorded. Take that choice if you want to.

Plus the club receive 5% of ticket sales they sell for away games, not a huge amount but it all helps. Obviously POTD all goes to home club.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
a friend of mine has a ST for tottenham and their scheme is similar but if you goto a home game against a boring team then the points you get are more than a home game against palace for example. This is the same for away games. If we goto Middlesborough on a tuesday night the points will be alot rather than a local derby.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Plus the club receive 5% of ticket sales they sell for away games, not a huge amount but it all helps. Obviously POTD all goes to home club.

to cover the admin costs of selling those seats

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Look, we don't know the terms of the scheme yet so you can speculate as much as you want on what, if any, 'loyalty' is carried forward into the new scheme starting next season.

But, it is very, very clear: from next season buy the tickets directly from the away club as POTD and your loyalty won't be recorded. Take that choice if you want to.

You're quite right - I'll be buying from the club and wherever possible through a visit to the club shop. But this should also be easier if the ticket office is at The Amex as you can just drive up, buy and drive off (if there isn't a game on of course).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Quite, POTD bad fans.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ken Brown he only expected 400 1901 members.

That's what I thought, but he actually seemed very genuine in this. They budgeted on the basis of 400 but secretly thought they might get more, maybe 600-700, but never imagined for a minute it would reach the 2,400 mark.

Just also remembered something else he said, the shirts next season will sport a slightly retro look. I asked if this meant a return to the iconic Bukta late 70's design and he said "you'll just have to wait and see...."

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I am sure there will be others like you - but won't any effect like this be counter-balanced by the thousands of new regular supporters some of whom will start going to away games as well.

Probably, which would mean it will be about the same as it is now. All I said was I don't think they will be any more popular, not that they will be any less popular.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Quite. Whilst no system will never please everyone I'm sure a lot of people have a mate or partner who can pop into the club shop one lunch time. It's a lot less stressful than waiting for the Friday post for your Saturday tickets to arrive I can tell you.

Indeed I send my dad into the shop, armed with the relevant fan numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here