Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Games

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Anyone else down on there usual away game fix this season?

My personal circumstances dictate that home games are effectively an away game for me. Since I've had a season ticket I've dramatically reduced the number of away games this season (3 so far) compared to past seasons due to the increase in home games I attend. Although ill squeeze another 3 or 4 in before the seasons out I've really missed them this season.

Anyone else in the same boat?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Anyone else down on there usual away game fix this season?

My personal circumstances dictate that home games are effectively an away game for me. Since I've had a season ticket I've dramatically reduced the number of away games this season (3 so far) compared to past seasons due to the increase in home games I attend. Although ill squeeze another 3 or 4 in before the seasons out I've really missed them this season.

Anyone else in the same boat?

exactly same reason as you

last season i did do 11 however but less mates are interested now with the Amex and the appeal of going to home games

still can't beat an away day though, love our stadium but love travelling away with Albion whether it be Chesterfield or Liverpool!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Normally try and do 5-7 a season. Depending on who we have, I did a lot more this season than last due to Millwall and Palace both being on Saturdays, and Charlton also being in the league. It doesn't help that every game seems to be in the midlands or up north.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
It doesn't help that every game seems to be in the midlands or up north.
Which makes me very happy; have been to 6 away games so far this season and should be able to squeeze another 5 in, including Boro which is just 2 hours away for me.

Zero home games though. :-(

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Normally try and do 5-7 a season. Depending on who we have, I did a lot more this season than last due to Millwall and Palace both being on Saturdays, and Charlton also being in the league. It doesn't help that every game seems to be in the midlands or up north.

Aside from Millwall, Charlton, Watford and Palace its not been a great season for away games. I shall make the long journey to Cardiff tuesday night as I aint been since Charlton and I'm getting withdrawals.

Shame Peterborough is a tuesday night as well. Top away day on the terrace but the evening KO will probably prevent a sell out like in seasons gone by

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Aside from Millwall, Charlton, Watford and Palace its not been a great season for away games. I shall make the long journey to Cardiff tuesday night as I aint been since Charlton and I'm getting withdrawals.

Shame Peterborough is a tuesday night as well. Top away day on the terrace but the evening KO will probably prevent a sell out like in seasons gone by
I thought they got rid of the terrace just before Christmas?

Feb 12, 2013
Been to 5 this season, pretty respectable considering the division is mainly occupied by Northern teams. Will do Leeds away as it's the last one of the season. Only seen one win though, 2-1 v Millwall.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I thought they got rid of the terrace just before Christmas?

As far as I'm aware it is still there, It was meant to be pulled down just before or after Christmas but never happened.

No change this season but unless we get some closer games next season I fear I won't able to afford to go to as many as I have been doing..

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
We have not done as many home or away games as usual, main reason being the rising costs in fuel etc etc, we do always stay away on the saturday night, but take away the hotel cost, every home game costs us around £150.00+ (Tickets, petrol food & Drink) and most away games are around the same.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
As far as I'm aware it is still there, It was meant to be pulled down just before or after Christmas but never happened.

No change this season but unless we get some closer games next season I fear I won't able to afford to go to as many as I have been doing..

Good news then, as I should be able to do this as Peterborough is just a short trip down the A15 for me.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I just don't find away games as enjoyable anymore. I miss going to crap lower league grounds. I just find it difficult to get as excited about going to Leicester, Forest etc as I did at Orient, Brentford and the like.

iloveguybutters

Feb 20, 2012
I just don't find away games as enjoyable anymore. I miss going to crap lower league grounds. I just find it difficult to get as excited about going to Leicester, Forest etc as I did at Orient, Brentford and the like.

I have exactly the same feeling, I miss smelling dodgy pies and have to pay £20 for a view obstructed by a pilar

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Last season 14 home and 14 away, this year struggling for Tuesday nights since some vindictive SLICE at work has rearranged my timetable, so only 4 home and 9 away.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I have exactly the same feeling, I miss smelling dodgy pies and have to pay £20 for a view obstructed by a pilar
I know what you mean, but I have enjoyed going to grounds I've not been to before. Might not be so enthusiastic for some of them next year but as I can't get to the Amex now I've moved up north its away games or live streams, and that isn't really a choice.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Managed the obvious one's of Charlton, Millwall and Watford as well as Ipswich so happy with 10 points from 12 and all booked up to go to Forest as well as planning to go to the play off semi, and final which I'll count as away!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm down on last season. Moved teams at work which means I work more Saturday afternoons than I used to. Paying close to £500 for a season ticket means if I'm going to use up annual leave to go to games, it's going to be home ones.

I've done Swindon, Palace, Charlton, Blackburn, Birmingham so far (no wins...). Definitely doing Cardiff & Bristol City, and hopefully Bolton, Forest, Leeds & Peterborough if I can get the time off.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yep, big reduction in away days for me this season due to increase in cost of living and changing personal circumstances.

Our season tickets for next season will probably be the next casualty as well :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here