Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Games

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yes, but only because of workload and the way that the fixtures have come around.

Last season on my summer break I was able to get to a couple of games before uni started (Portsmouth and one other I've forgotten), and more so over Christmas, whilst doing a fair few up north while in term time.

However this year a lot of the games have been on evenings (local to me) and therefore getting back is an issue, likewise a few i'd have normally done were slap bang in the middle of exams. Also started spending money on other things while i've got the chance, such as Uni trips to Krakow and Berlin. Only here for another 18 months, whereas the Albion will always be around, and I can't afford to do everything. Lot more planned for the second half of the season though.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Usually do around 8-10 away games each year. This season I have been to ZERO. Too expensive and takes up the whole weekend.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Usually do around 8-10 away games each year. This season I have been to ZERO. Too expensive and takes up the whole weekend.

Only if you choose to stay up there the whole weekend

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I used to manage half a dozen each season, but the last few years have been lean. Two of them were due to distances, as we were living in Cornwall (though we did manage Peterborough, Barnsley and Stoke from there). Now we're back, I've got a season ticket and this has given me the football fix I was missing. Consequently, I've done no away games at all so far this season, but plan to be at Forest at Easter.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Only if you choose to stay up there the whole weekend

What I mean is- Let's say Sheff Weds away as an example- Early night Fri and won't go out due to early start. Sat travel all morning and travel all sat eve back. Sunday will be knackered. It pretty much takes up your whole weekend for 90 mins of footie.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Normally get to 6-10 aways but this year I've only done Hillsborough - did get to Ewood Pk on the Sat too but can't count that.
Was going to do Barnsley last Sat but the feckers are still in the cup ....
Might do Bolton & Forest and pos Leeds but defo down on previous years.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Like to go to a few but only been to Blackpool and Palace away! Both were shite!

Not sure if I'll go to another away this season but might squeeze one in if I can!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
The money / cost factor does seem to be creeping in more and more and not just from STHs,

Although our average away following is still the highest it has been for about 10 years.

I've personally done fewer this season compared with the last couple, but we're all individual cases - our average is 1500 odd, so I wouldn't draw many conclusions from NSC.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yeah a bit. The pub trade is suffering at the moment, something has got to give.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Same. This will be my lowest amount of away games in a long time I think.

Will be lucky to do more than 3 this season.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Normally manage about five a season. So far have done three. Whatever the result you cant beat an away trip. Opportunity to drink and see other grounds- it does get expensive though if you dont book the train well in advance.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I'm down on last season. Moved teams at work which means I work more Saturday afternoons than I used to. Paying close to £500 for a season ticket means if I'm going to use up annual leave to go to games, it's going to be home ones.

I've done Swindon, Palace, Charlton, Blackburn, Birmingham so far (no wins...). Definitely doing Cardiff & Bristol City, and hopefully Bolton, Forest, Leeds & Peterborough if I can get the time off.

Please dont do anymore!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I did about 12 or so last season, but have only done Hull, Millwall Wolves, Palace, Charlton and Birmingham this season .

Although I am down for the Bristol, Bolton and Barnsley triple header in March and am hoping to do Middlesborough, Peterborough and Leeds which would take to what I did last season pretty much.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
12 away so far and another 3 to go.

May do Peterborough dependant of importance

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Usually do 6 - 13 aways.

This season I been to Charlton......and that's it. I did have a ticket for the doomed Blackburn game.

Happy with the Amex. Too many midweek away games. I don't have any plans to do any more aways at the moment.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here