Votes: 146 44.1%
  • Option E (please detail)

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yup. But the main decision at the moment is whether to create an away end or not. The majority want one created, whatever purpose it then goes on to serve.

The main decision at the moment is "How should we deal with away fans on NSC" 251 fans welcome them to the main board. 19 want them cast aside without prejudice.

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
I voted for D.

I think once the new tightening up has had time to bed in all will be fine.

Oh, and it is always going to be feisty before and after a derby match.
My vote is to leave things as they are with rules and see what pans out in a couple of weeks after the carnage . . .

And thanks for the job you lot do.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We shouldn't let the fact there are 3 different "away end" options split the evidence that so far:

People wanting an Away End - 137
People not wanting an Away End - 106

Or to look at it another way:

People not wanting any non-brighton fans on the main board: 19
People welcoming non-brighton fans to the main board: 232

Yup. But the main decision at the moment is whether to create an away end or not. The majority want one created, whatever purpose it then goes on to serve.

You're both right! A clear majority of users want an away end and a clear majority of users want away fans to be allowed to post on the main board. Both sides can claim victory!

Dec 29, 2011
The main decision at the moment is "How should we deal with away fans on NSC" 251 fans welcome them to the main board. 19 want them cast aside without prejudice.

153 would like a change, 122 would like to keep it the same. I don't really mind either way but stats can be used to show anything you like.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How many people wanting an away end where we put trouble makers (i.e. options b or c) would actually visit it? If you wouldn't, if you view as a place for people you have no interest in interacting with, why bother with introducing it? Why not just go with "ban troublemakers" which is essentially what we have now, or, option D.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
153 would like a change, 122 would like to keep it the same. I don't really mind either way but stats can be used to show anything you like.

That was my point. A couple of people had made the point that x numbe of posters wanted an away end of some kind. The poster who made that observation admitted voting for an away end, i.e. twisted the data to support what they wanted. I was showing it works the other way, i.e. I twisted the data to support my opinion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How many people wanting an away end where we put trouble makers (i.e. options b or c) would actually visit it? If you wouldn't, if you view as a place for people you have no interest in interacting with, why bother with introducing it? Why not just go with "ban troublemakers" which is essentially what we have now, or, option D.

I would love an away end, and would never go there. No reason why the trolls can't post away there though to their hearts' content.

Other great options would be :

1- An Ignore facility, where the quotes of ignored posters are not made visible

2 - An individual Ignore Thread button ( similar to Ignore User ), but the whole thread could be zapped.

3 - Making the 'thread category' filter work the opposite way, so threads that have a new designation [away end] could be filtered out, and all other categories seen. At the moment I think ( maybe wrong) that you can only opt into one particular category ( eg Albion ).

Lots can be done I think.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would love an away end and would never go there. No reason why the trolls can't post away though.

I'd say the fact they are trolls, adding nothing but attempting to disrupt the board is a good reason why they can't post away.

I would like threads started by people on your ignore list to be hidden, too.

I think another problem with the post category thing is that they are categorised by the person starting the thread. You can't let just any user change a category of a thread or else that will be abused by trolls, so instead it would rely on people reporting threads to mods for categorisation (if not appropriately labelled), and people seem to struggle with reporting posts/thread as it is, expecting mods to just see them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In fact I like this one a lot

3 - Making the 'thread category' filter work the opposite way, so threads that have a new designation [Away End] could be filtered out, and all other categories seen. At the moment I think ( maybe wrong) that you can only opt into one particular category ( eg Albion ).

Surely it's possible to implement?

Then those who want an away end can setup their own. Heavy bans for away posters posting in threads which are not designated [Away End] - or [Non Albion]

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
surely this is clear cut

vote A B C if you like flower arranging,are a little sensitive and feel the internet makes you upset sometimes

vote D (for Democracy) if you are normal

Very well summed up Pastafarian! Man/woman up and let the mods carry on doing their job!

You're a mod on BBS aren't you, Blind Eagle?

If so, how do you think the Away End works over there and do you think it fair that all Brighton fans get instantly chucked in the away end where some posters only go to abuse?
It's always struck me that it is the very existence of the "Away End" on the BBS that encourages trolling and abuse - albeit confined for the most part to the Away End, but nevertheless it makes that Away End a complete waste of time and bandwidth.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Firstly it's your board and you should do with its as you wish , as you may well know I have posted on here as a non Brighton hating palace fan for many years and up to now I have alway felt you have One of the best football forums on the net and its format should be left alone,but over last few month the standards have slip into a free for all slagging match which is as much some of the Brighton fans thought as it is the palace fans on here ( yes I know it your forum) I worry now every post I make in a banter thread between the two sets of fans will end with an infraction.
Option c make sense
Post banter in in the away end keep it nice in the main board or your out sounds fair to me

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're both right! A clear majority of users want an away end and a clear majority of users want away fans to be allowed to post on the main board. Both sides can claim victory!

Hoorah! *Photo of Me and Acker shaking hands*

Firstly it's your board and you should do with its as you wish , as you may well know I have posted on here as a non Brighton hating palace fan for many years and up to now I have alway felt you have One of the best football forums on the net and its format should be left alone,but over last few month the standards have slip into a free for all slagging match which is as much some of the Brighton fans thought as it is the palace fans on here ( yes I know it your forum) I worry now every post I make in a banter thread between the two sets of fans will end with an infraction.
Option c make sense
Post banter in in the away end keep it nice in the main board or your out sounds fair to me

There's a huge difference between what you post and what some of your fellow fans post, it's done as a deliberate wind up and not as banter on almost every thread especially ones about Brighton that quite frankly they should just stay off.

I am very aware that I have hurled some quite nasty abuse at palace fans but only in threads they shouldn't be on and truth be told, the insults I use are taken directly from BBS.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Easy decision. D. I don't understand why people get so upset over away fans coming here, even the gobby ones. Just hit the ignore button if it upsets you so much. Easy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here