• Option D

Votes: 146 44.1%
  • Option E (please detail)

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I have gone for C but would be happy with D as well. I think if you do have an away end but allow decent posters in the main board then you need to make it clear that decent away fans are allowed in the main board because a lot of away fans coming on for the first time will see 'away end' and assume that they are only allowed there.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have gone for C but would be happy with D as well. I think if you do have an away end but allow decent posters in the main board then you need to make it clear that decent away fans are allowed in the main board because a lot of away fans coming on for the first time will see 'away end' and assume that they are only allowed there.

Call it The Away Kettle :lolol:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
D for me as an 'away' fan. Really sad reflection on football and Brighton that having an 'away' section is even being considered. The fact that some of you can't cope unless everyone says you're the bestest ever team with the bestest stadium ever ever ever strikes me as really quite needy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, that's me. Whilst I'm more than happy to discuss the BBS modding on here, I fear that doing it on this thread would risk taking it well off topic which isn't appropriate.

Happy to do it on another thread mind. :)

I think the rationale behind, and practical operation of, a different approach to away fans would be a useful insight and I've got no issue with that being shared on this thread.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
IMO if it ain't broke it don't need fixing.

Trolls get the boot whoever they support if you don't like what posters are saying either put them on ignore or report them.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
D for me as an 'away' fan. Really sad reflection on football and Brighton that having an 'away' section is even being considered. The fact that some of you can't cope unless everyone says you're the bestest ever team with the bestest stadium ever ever ever strikes me as really quite needy.

This - bhafc treat away fans like adults at the Amex and deal with those who want to act like children keep the same on here

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Guessing you haven't seen the Palace BBS then? :lol:

Also, I think C is the right answer. If away fans come on here and act sensibly (like you), they stay.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We shouldn't let the fact there are 3 different "away end" options split the evidence that so far:

People wanting an Away End - 137
People not wanting an Away End - 106

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
D for me, I think the reasonable attitude to take is to give everyone a chance. Not everyone is a total numpty, and I think if someone treated us like that on another forum I think we'd be pretty miffed. So D, with a firm hold on moderation over the coming days is my vote.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I have just voted for C, but don't see that as going against what you are saying. I would have no problem with staying with things as they are (option D), but voted for C as a way of dealing with the real idiots. Someone asserting that Crystal palace at the moment are better than the seagulls might actually be right (wash my mouth out).

I would ALWAYS accept constructive criticism, in whatever aspect of my life it comes. If someone just says "your stadium is crap" without saying what led them to think that, they don't deserve a hearing.

Dec 29, 2011
If D does happen, is it possible to infraction people for de-railing threads (regardless of support)? The posts by Buzzer in this thread REALLY wound me up. SE20 was giving his opinion but was called "****ing vermin" about twenty times and basically the whole thread turned into a big binfest because Buzzer couldn't handle another point of view.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We shouldn't let the fact there are 3 different "away end" options split the evidence that so far:

People wanting an Away End - 137
People not wanting an Away End - 106

Or to look at it another way:

People not wanting any non-brighton fans on the main board: 19
People welcoming non-brighton fans to the main board: 232

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or to look at it another way:

People not wanting any non-brighton fans on the main board: 19
People welcoming non-brighton fans to the main board: 232

Yup. But the main decision at the moment is whether to create an away end or not. The majority want one created, whatever purpose it then goes on to serve.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It depends.

Immediately after a derby game, win lose or draw, away fans should be restricted to a sub section.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
If D does happen, is it possible to infraction people for de-railing threads (regardless of support)? The posts by Buzzer in this thread REALLY wound me up. SE20 was giving his opinion but was called "****ing vermin" about twenty times and basically the whole thread turned into a big binfest because Buzzer couldn't handle another point of view.

An infraction or ban can be issued for absolutly any reason, the infraction scale is in place for us to just click on whichever value the Moderator dealing with the issue thinks is correct, the reasons are added by the moderator to show the person recieving the infraction / ban.

Hopefully that makes sense :shrug: it did when I was typing it but on reading it back I am now confused :lol: :lol: and i am sure that if i have got a full stop in the wrong place one of my fellow moderators will correct me :) hope it does help :thumbsup:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
C for me - it allows the current system to be observed so very little changes in practice, but those who only turn up to take the piss and abuse our hospitality are removed (after a warning so they even get a chance to repent!). Albion fans (me included to be fair) need a thicker skin and not to bite so easily, but there's a line which I think some 'visitors' do cross. To go for A would be too strict and NSC would lose it's 'bohemian' identity, this isn't north korea - but provided away fans are respectful and understand what is acceptable, I for one have no issue, palace or otherwise, with banter/debate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here