Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away days

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Strange trip for a Brighton fan?

First and foremost a Chelsea fan mate, I'm from that neck of the woods....that was my local team as a kid. Up until a few years ago I was averaging 30 odd games a season following Chelsea. Just can't afford it anymore.

I love Brighton and they are my local team these days, been going to see them on and off since the Goldstone days and now a STH...

I just like footie and I'll go anywhere to watch it if the opportunity arises. I go to Pompy on and off, used to go to Weymouth when I was based down there and I still follow Woking cos I lived there for many years...

Does that answer your question? am I worthy??...lol...

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Predictable ones from me, but:

-Fulham this season was utterly brilliant. Nice area, loads of quality pubs, lovely old style ground that lends itself to a crackling atmosphere, short journey by train...what's not to like? I guess the win helped too :)

-always enjoyed Nottingham trips, the best ones being the final match of Poyet's promotion campaign in 2011, and last season's last ditch play-off sealing game.

-would recommend Cardiff, although they always give us midweek games there, which is a shame. Good city for a day/evening out, and the ground (more specifically the Cardiff staff/stewards) are top class.

-and Bristol. Very pleased to see they seem to be coming up from League One again, as it's another fine city for an away day. Ashton Gate is a bit of a trek from the station, but I can advise you of plenty of pubs with which to break the journey up :)

The worst? Yeovil. A pig to get to. The station isn't even in Yeovil, but in some village outside the town, and you have to get a cab or bus into Yeovil itself, before getting another one to the ground. The town is a bit crap, and the stadium a bit meh. If you drive, the car park takes forever to get out of, and the traffic queues around even their tiny ground are horrendous. Plus it's a rubbish drive on terrible country roads for much of it. Huish Park is in the middle of a modern housing estate, with little else around it to enjoy. Oh, and on the trains again: there is one, single train per hour that goes from Yeovil Junction to London. It's the slowest journey ever, and it leaves about three minutes after the final whistle, leaving however many hundred football fans milling around aimlessly on the platforms for an hour or so after you get there. Somerset can be a very pleasant county, but I can think of nothing whatsoever to recommend Yeovil. I've had more fun in Hartlepool :ohmy:
I liked Yeovil last season apart from the rain and crap performance. Went down Friday and stayed at a mates cottage in Chard. A few beers at the premier inn before and after game, back to Chard, dinner and more beers then drive home Sunday, what's not to like? 😉

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I liked Yeovil last season apart from the rain and crap performance. Went down Friday and stayed at a mates cottage in Chard. A few beers at the premier inn before and after game, back to Chard, dinner and more beers then drive home Sunday, what's not to like? ��

Yeovil

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here