Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away attendance at Sunderland FA Cup

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Digweeds Trousers,

Good point, although West Ham were dead certs for promotion as were Sheff Wed who got third spot in the end. They both had a big away following.

But our average of 8,600 for a team challenging for the Play Offs was v v poor.

However I know we would most certainly get nearly double that in a brand spanking new stadium.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Digweeds Trousers said:
Average attandance for the season was about 8,600.

8,386 in fact. Only the 16th highest in Division Two that season, despite the 6th place finish. Sheff Weds, West Ham, Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Wolves, Bristol City, Oldham, West Brom, Ipswich, Leicester, Millwall, Swindon, Portsmouth, Watford and Barnsley all had better averages.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
paulie said:
Can't say I get het up about BHA - I laughed alot the last time I saw them play at SP.

But you truly are fantastic and no other club has ever had any difficulties. Three cheers and a rousing chorus of GOBSHITE.

Were you the fat bloke who ran acros to 'get us' or the bloke who missed the penalties during the half time interval.

Ole Ole Ole Ole...Eagirls eagirls!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
half of 40,000? 20,000. half=50% ?

40,000 +20,000 =60,000

Its as simple as 2+4 dunce.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
You are quite right Tony - Sheff Wed mate I lived with at the time reckoned that most of the boys in the away end that night were all South East based - something not uncommon with larger Northern clubs.

We have taken a massive hit in the Championship last time around as we cannot cater for away fans.

I believe that the like of Derby, Sheff Utd, Leeds, QPR, Watford, Sunderland, Ipswich, West ham etc would bring somehwere between 2,000 and 4,000 if there was the space.

This would take the average up to around 10 at the withdean.

Take another 2-4k floating support for these bigger games and you are looking at 14-15k easily.

then take them to a new ground with all the facilities and I think 16k on average and 20k-full house for the bigger games is easily achievable.

Of course, if we drop just one league we will find that apart from the two or three big clubs in League 1 the away attendances will plummet as the likes of Torquay, Port Vale etc will do well to bring 300.

Ned to stay in this league but I think we are beginning to see that the players are believing under MM that this is where we should be playing - not where we just hope to be playing.

withdean can work against us somethimes. The idea of lucky little Brighton shouldn't really be here. That is only pertinent aobut the facilities, not the playing staff and work ethic of the squad and the nous of the manager.

We need to see ourselves as a competent Championship side. I think we are getting there.

The Laughing Bluebird said:
I love these threads - they're hilarious!

Palace's current average attendance is 23,604. Albion's average the last time they were in the top flight was 14,662.

14,662 for a team that was bottom the League tho.................

Palace haven't hit that yet.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Originally posted by Perry Milkins
Were you the fat bloke who ran acros to 'get us' or the bloke who missed the penalties during the half time interval.

Ole Ole Ole Ole...Eagirls eagirls!!
:drink:

Originally posted by paulie But you truly are fantastic and no other club has ever had any difficulties. Three cheers and a rousing chorus of GOBSHITE.
??? ??? ??? :nono: :nono: :nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We're getting away from the point here.

Whatever way you slice it, for a so-called "Premiership" club to take just 250 fans to Sunderland is SHIT SUPPORT. S-H-I-T. Rubbish. Garbage. Crap. Pathetic. Embarrassing. Pitiful. Gubbins.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Easy 10 said:
We're getting away from the point here.

Whatever way you slice it, for a so-called "Premiership" club to take just 250 fans to Sunderland is SHIT SUPPORT. S-H-I-T. Rubbish. Garbage. Crap. Pathetic. Embarrassing. Pitiful. Gubbins.

The only shit is coming from you Weeders, especially you IQ 10.

Gates were rubbish all around this weekend. When it counts (PL) we are taking good numbers and will do to Man C this weekend.

Premier League definition - the top tier of the English league never before frequented by the Weed and never to be so. But at least you've sold a few records eh? Muggy tossers.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bluetit, I notice that once again you choose to point out the top end crowd figures rather than the lowest league gates and lowest league averages.

Maybe that's something to do with the fact that you got 1,904 for a division 4 match as recently as last decade. And your average was also pitiful around that time. We were getting more than your gates that season when we were the second worst team in the league and playing 85 miles away in Gillingham - averaging 2,300 and 3,200 while finishing 23rd and 18th only 6 or 7 years ago.

As for Palace, in 1984 they played us at their toilet in front if 8,025 - one of their highest crowds of the season in what was effecitvely a Coca Cola Championship match. Oh, and they lost 5-0 at home to Wimbledon in front of 4,005.

You see - you can make statistics say whatever you want them to say. But I do agree with you to some extent. I cringe when I see people taking the piss out of Palace's support almost as much as when I hear how our away support is exceptionally fantastic and MASSIVE. Sadly, Palace's home support have turned up in very decent numbers for 10-12 years now, and they don't pretend to be a huge club - unlike Portsmouth fans who seem to forget that 8,343 were turning up only 3 years ago when they were bumbling along in our division around 16th place.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
paulie said:
The only shit is coming from you Weeders, especially you IQ 10.

Gates were rubbish all around this weekend. When it counts (PL) we are taking good numbers and will do to Man C this weekend.

Premier League definition - the top tier of the English league never before frequented by the Weed and never to be so. But at least you've sold a few records eh? Muggy tossers.
Ooh

I think we've touched a nerve here. :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
paulie said:
You sound like a right nob. At least none of us are banging on about it and getting right on your tits on *your* board.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Digweeds Trousers said:
You are quite right Tony - Sheff Wed mate I lived with at the time reckoned that most of the boys in the away end that night were all South East based - something not uncommon with larger Northern clubs.

We have taken a massive hit in the Championship last time around as we cannot cater for away fans.

I believe that the like of Derby, Sheff Utd, Leeds, QPR, Watford, Sunderland, Ipswich, West ham etc would bring somehwere between 2,000 and 4,000 if there was the space.

This would take the average up to around 10 at the withdean.

Take another 2-4k floating support for these bigger games and you are looking at 14-15k easily.

then take them to a new ground with all the facilities and I think 16k on average and 20k-full house for the bigger games is easily achievable.

Of course, if we drop just one league we will find that apart from the two or three big clubs in League 1 the away attendances will plummet as the likes of Torquay, Port Vale etc will do well to bring 300.

Ned to stay in this league but I think we are beginning to see that the players are believing under MM that this is where we should be playing - not where we just hope to be playing.

withdean can work against us somethimes. The idea of lucky little Brighton shouldn't really be here. That is only pertinent aobut the facilities, not the playing staff and work ethic of the squad and the nous of the manager.

We need to see ourselves as a competent Championship side. I think we are getting there.

You forgot to mention that Withdean is a complete shite-hole and people are pissed-off with sitting in a mickymouse stand getting wet. Then there is the ticket price for such torture! ???

With a decent ground and ahalf-decent team (which we have) the fans will turn-up in droves.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Simster said:
[
As for Palace, in 1984 they played us at their toilet in front if 8,025 - one of their highest crowds of the season in what was effecitvely a Coca Cola Championship match. Oh, and they lost 5-0 at home to Wimbledon in front of 4,005.

You see - you can make statistics say whatever you want them to say. But I do agree with you to some extent. I cringe when I see people taking the piss out of Palace's support almost as much as when I hear how our away support is exceptionally fantastic and MASSIVE. Sadly, Palace's home support have turned up in very decent numbers for 10-12 years now, and they don't pretend to be a huge club - unlike Portsmouth fans who seem to forget that 8,343 were turning up only 3 years ago when they were bumbling along in our division around 16th place. [/B]

At last some sanity - I sold progammes in the 83/84 and received 1p per programme and a match ticket. I didn't get rich.

I think our support is comparable and BHA would build up over time, as Palace did after the 89-93 stay in the top flight. 15,000-16,000 at Falmer intuitively feels about right.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
paulie said:
At last some sanity - I sold progammes in the 83/84 and received 1p per programme and a match ticket. I didn't get rich.

I think our support is comparable and BHA would build up over time, as Palace did after the 89-93 stay in the top flight. 15,000-16,000 at Falmer intuitively feels about right.
Your support has always been bigger than ours, although we ought to be able to pretty much match your gates with a proper stadium. In 1979 when we both got promoted, you averaged 30,000 and we averaged 25,000, both clubs were pissing on most top flight team averages. Your last game saw 51,000 win the Championship and our last 6 saw our matches completely sold out and in the ground 2 hours before kick off. My mate had a "classic Palace matches" video and showed me the footage of a 3-1 Palace win at your place. 40,000 in the ground including about 12,000 Albion at one end. Happy days.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Steady on Simster, I'm convinced our attendances at F*lmer will make a mockery of Palaces size

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Simster said:
Your support has always been bigger than ours, although we ought to be able to pretty much match your gates with a proper stadium. In 1979 when we both got promoted, you averaged 30,000 and we averaged 25,000, both clubs were pissing on most top flight team averages. Your last game saw 51,000 win the Championship and our last 6 saw our matches completely sold out and in the ground 2 hours before kick off. My mate had a "classic Palace matches" video and showed me the footage of a 3-1 Palace win at your place. 40,000 in the ground including about 12,000 Albion at one end. Happy days.

Happy days indeed. I really don't think there is much difference in the fan bases. We've had 7 top flight seasons in the last 16 years, obviously an advanatge while you've been to hell and back, well Gillingham.

I only bite when I read the 'your away support is shit and ours is fantastic threads'. Good. Go to Spurs, have a top day but we were doing the same last year with the same numbers. Lack of home tickets will boost the away support but many have good turnouts.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brixtaan said:
Steady on Simster, I'm convinced our attendances at F*lmer will make a mockery of Palaces size
Well maybe for 5 years but not forever. Sadly, our average gates will be hamstrung by our piss poor ground capacity.

But yes yes, let's just get it built eh.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
paulie said:
Can't say I get het up about BHA - I laughed alot the last time I saw them play at SP.

If you are so apathetic towards BHAFC-why do you spend so much time on here?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We took 1114 to Sunderland but just to get this into perspective last season we took 419 to Lincoln in the first round of the FA cup

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here