Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or any film with passable plot, dialogue, acting etc. Not these CGI wankfests. Wow you can do cool things with computer effects, great.

It's like listening to a shredding guitar solo. Really impressive for about 3-4 seconds then just boring and self-indulgent.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A very good film. Cameron has invested time in telling a story and developing characters. There are several scenes that raise the bar in the history of cinema.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Watched it on sky, not in 3D... watched it for about 15 mins and thought it was dire...im guessing 3D makes it worthwhile..

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Forget the 3D and the film is total rubbish....

The script is Dances with Wolves meets Starship Troopers it is totally unoriginal.

As the first proper 3D film it has value but that's it.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
A very good film. Cameron has invested time in telling a story and developing characters. There are several scenes that raise the bar in the history of cinema.

You of ALL people should be ashamed of that comment.

Which part of the film has not been lifted from another.... specifically Dances with Wolves and Starship Troopers... so other than effects and 3D how does it raise the bar?

I thought your comments on Transformers was better than this!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I enjoyed it and thought it was a good film.The story was decent enough. One of the greatest fantasy films ever imo.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can't remember but several. Anyway I DON'T do arguing anymore so lets just respect each other views.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Wasn't arguing Uncle S - you posted that comment with such conviction that I assumed you were pretty clear about what these scenes that raise the bar are. I'm genuinely interested because I have seen the film in 3d at the cinema and again on TV, and outside of the clearly stunning effects, I can't guess what these scenes might be.

I will confess - I am not generally a huge fan of cartoons, I mean CGI-heavy films.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Can't remember but several. Anyway I DON'T do arguing anymore so lets just respect each other views.

I can respect your views.... but only as a cinema goer..... not as a cinema expert.... if the former then fine but if the latter then you should be ashamed of yourself.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is my opinion and I am not ashamed. Happy new year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here