Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Watched this last week and thought it was brilliant.

The militarist and hippy element was laid on a bit thick but best film ive seen for a few years, real edge of your seat stuff all the way through. Fantastic panorama of animals and an alien world.

:wave:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Watched this last week and thought it was brilliant.

The militarist and hippy element was laid on a bit thick but best film ive seen for a few years, real edge of your seat stuff all the way through. Fantastic panorama of animals and an alien world.

:wave:

Did you see it in 3D?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Its 2 hours 45 minutes, there was an intermission but not needed as it really is gripping.

I watched it in 2D but plan seeing it again in 3D.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I am not a fan of CGI heavy films so I was never expecting much from Avatar. I was proved right. So many effects it's like watching your mate playing a computer game and not letting you have a go.

Not my bag at all. Poor in my opinion.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I am not a fan of CGI heavy films so I was never expecting much from Avatar. I was proved right. So many effects it's like watching your mate playing a computer game and not letting you have a go.

Not my bag at all. Poor in my opinion.

Can I ask why you went then?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Its 2 hours 45 minutes, there was an intermission but not needed as it really is gripping.

I watched it in 2D but plan seeing it again in 3D.

As it's not that far for me, I'll be making a trip to the Chichester cinema to see it in 3D.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Just seemed odd that someone who doesn't like heavy CGI films would go and see one where pretty much that's all there is.

Seems fair enough to me - give something a go even if you think you won't like it and sometimes you might get a pleasant surprise.

I never used to like Guinness, having stubbornly refused to try it again after hating it as a youngster. Now I bloody love the stuff! :drink: :cheers:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Saw this at Manchester Imax and thought it was superb. I am planning to go and see it again over Christmas.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I am not a fan of CGI heavy films so I was never expecting much from Avatar.

As it was the aliens and their world that was CGI after a short time I forgot all about it.

Each to their own taste but of the 20 people odd ive spoken to one other shared your view while all the others are at the opposite exstreme.

I wasn't impressed by the clips I saw on TV and didn't read any preveiws so went with an open mind and f***ing loved it.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Saw it in 3D, and watched it on DVD. Certainly it was a great 3D experince, and i did not think it was anywhere near as bad as some reviewers thought. Was enjoyable enough. Wont go as far as getting on Bluray though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here