Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australia v England

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
the right footed denilson said:
how many runs before bell starts to get a bit of respect...

I think he is a very good Test player, but as far as I am concerned he is not a top order batsmen for One Day Internationals. The power play is there for a reason and he is generally too slow to make it count. It is essential to get runs on the board quickly and build on that. Apart from today, I don't feel he has done that.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Quality stuff. What's come over us?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Barrel of Fun said:
I think he is a very good Test player, but as far as I am concerned he is not a top order batsmen for One Day Internationals. The power play is there for a reason and he is generally too slow to make it count. It is essential to get runs on the board quickly and build on that. Apart from today, I don't feel he has done that.

He still gets run though- something that 90% of the rest of the team have failed to do recentely.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
how many runs before bell starts to get a bit of respect...
Not about the runs, it's about the time it takes him to get his runs in one day cricket, today he is proving he CAN score at a one day rate and full credit to him, if only he could do this MORE often, I hope he does now.

:clap:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He still gets run though- something that 90% of the rest of the team have failed to do recentely.

Very true, but perhaps other members of the team have to take risks to get the scoreboard ticking over and reach the appropriate run rate. I would rather have him down at 5 or even 6.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I think you'd both agree that he is worth sticking with...
If he can play like this more often then yes but if he slips back into his 30 runs from 70 odd balls again mode then no.

Vaughan however has now had his day, time to retire one thinks.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think you'd both agree that he is worth sticking with...

and while i'm at it, where is Ali Cook?!

Of course, but if he does not score quickly, regularly then I would move him down the order.

I think Ali Cook bust his shoulder. Not 100% sure about that though.

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
what is vaughan's purpose in the england team, he doesnt really seem to do anything. Cant bat or bowl???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
rospants said:
what is vaughan's purpose in the england team, he doesnt really seem to do anything. Cant bat or bowl???

He's our handicap.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
dougdeep said:
He's our handicap.

from cricinfo...

Thanks to ICC for allowing musical instruments in," says Ahmed Siddiqui. "I hope they can allow a non-playing captain in the next England game, so Vaughan can still get in the team."

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Bell to get his first ODI 100?
Bell gone to a stupid f***ing shot, but well done to him for not playing test match cricket in a one day international today, Impressive display.

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here