Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
261/5 :down:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Well thats helped lighten my hangover a little...:clap:

Heres to Glenn "you may think he's past it, but he'll still take 5 wickets tomorrow " McGrath :clap: :blush: ;)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
BensGrandad said:
My team if all are fit would be

Strauss
Prior
Cook
Vaughan
Bell
Peiterson
Collingwood
Flintoff
Hoggard
Broad
Harmiston
Panesar.
Would be nice if you could get away with 12 players although I suspect Duncan 'McGhee' Fletcher would still struggle.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Harmiston? Who's he?

Might work as a secret unknown player the Aussies haven't seen before .....

Simon Jones, if fit, should be on that list IMHO

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
21 runs from the first 8 overs of the morning. 286-5 at the moment.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
we were going great for the 1st hour
we honestly looked like we may take it quite close, maybe til tea at least
freddie was smashing it all over the place with pietersen holding fire. they both got to 50 in the same over and it looked to be going well.
then warne bowls his worst ball of the day and freddies middle stump gets cleaned out

jones comes in looks dodgy, warne appeals for lbw, while he's appealing to the umpire, ponting runs out jones whos out his crease, and runs off celebrating and warne turns round not knowing whats going on. his appeal was given not out but his team mates were running around celebrating, was a picture

then the collapse, and now one wicket is needed after lunch, which is more likely as pietersen wants to be not out and keeps taking singles off the 1st ball of the over

i guess thats ashes over with half hour after lunch

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Tyrone Biggums said:
And that's all she wrote.

Warne is the greatest bowler ever,700 wickets.

Yes. Yes he is. He is also a f***ing annoying fucker who makes the most ridiculous outrageous appeals and hence gets people out who f***ing aren't.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
beardy gull said:
Yes. Yes he is. He is also a f***ing annoying fucker who makes the most ridiculous outrageous appeals and hence gets people out who f***ing aren't.

When you spin the ball like he does anything spinning back towards the wicket is worth a shout for the obvious reason he's still throwing em down 80kph or quicker and the umpire has a tough job lining up where the ball will end up.

Most of the people he get's out who might not be out is because they don't offer shots. You can't play Warne with your pads like you can with some spinners.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
mendoza10 said:
we were going great for the 1st hour
we honestly looked like we may take it quite close, maybe til tea at least
freddie was smashing it all over the place with pietersen holding fire. they both got to 50 in the same over and it looked to be going well.
then warne bowls his worst ball of the day and freddies middle stump gets cleaned out

jones comes in looks dodgy, warne appeals for lbw, while he's appealing to the umpire, ponting runs out jones whos out his crease, and runs off celebrating and warne turns round not knowing whats going on. his appeal was given not out but his team mates were running around celebrating, was a picture

then the collapse, and now one wicket is needed after lunch, which is more likely as pietersen wants to be not out and keeps taking singles off the 1st ball of the over

i guess thats ashes over with half hour after lunch

oh well :lol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Disappointing but inevitable. Apart from a decent innings at Adelaide and a reasonable bowl at Australia in the first innings here, we've never really looked contenders at all.

And after two ducks here, Jones has to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here