Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australia v England - 3rd Test

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Never out !!! The umpiring decisions are gonna cost us this ashes test

:jester:

Bugger.

There is always the possibility that we can win!

180 overs left @ 3 runs an over? That is achievable. However.....

Do our batsmen have the psyche and tenacity to get through or are they going to capitulate once more.

I am the eternal optimist and will go for the win.

Flintoff should be pouring his heart out with enrthusiasm, grit, determination and national pride to get his team firing.

The likes of Pietersen, Bell, Collingwood and hoggard, (Monty would have been in there if he played previous), have been carrying the rest of the team. It is now up to Flintoff to point that out and get the remainder upbeat and aggresive.

Come on England.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Don't despair it is all going to plan

Before our innings, all our batsmen had to do was at least match the score of their opposite number, in that respect Strauss 0 (same as Langer) has got us off to a flier.

Okay I know that Jones hitting 102* is where the theory has the first of many fatal flaws, but, hey I haven't even factored in the contributions of Mahmood, Hoggard, Harmison and the winning runs to be hit by Monty!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Ponting is a legend! Sounds a bit like a pip-squeak but I've always been impressed by captains who manage to maintain form...

Is being Captain such a pressure on Flintoff that makes him underperform? This seems to be a trend though....

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
tedebear said:
Ponting is a legend! Sounds a bit like a pip-squeak but I've always been impressed by captains who manage to maintain form...

Is being Captain such a pressure on Flintoff that makes him underperform? This seems to be a trend though....

If Vaughan was there we would be at least 1-1 now.But then again if my a granny had a knob she would be my grandad

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I think I agree actually! Not about your granny though :lol:

For those who are interested I've just been reading the Sydney Morning Herald (as I do) and found this blog about the ashes - take a look at the last paragraph of the blog and then the comments! How to wind up an Aussie (not me of course as I rise above this kind of Aussie baiting)
;) :lol:

Barmy Army Blog

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ponting has an easy job though as a captain.

He's got as his disposal 2 of the worlds greatest bowlers.

Added to that he's one of the games greatest batsmen.

Freddy just doenst have the experience or players to be able to do much to out captain Ponting.

When your wicket keeper can come in at 6 or 7 and nearly break the world record for quickest century no team in the world can match that kind of side when on song.

Is it any coincidence though that Giles plays and Gilchrist is on a pair, Monty comes in and Gilly smacks him around the park like he's a 3rd grader.

Bring back Giles!!! :p

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Tyrone Biggums said:
Ponting has an easy job though as a captain.

He's got as his disposal 2 of the worlds greatest bowlers.

Added to that he's one of the games greatest batsmen.

You're kidding right? Easy job?

Shall I point you in the direction of some of the press on the back of the last ashes series? Being the first captain since Allan border in 85 to fail to defend the Ashes?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
tedebear said:
You're kidding right? Easy job?

Shall I point you in the direction of some of the press on the back of the last ashes series? Being the first captain since Allan border in 85 to fail to defend the Ashes?

My oath Ponting has an easy job.

The last Ashes Series was determined by the weather and the pitches that were very reverse swing friendly.

Ponting has at his disposal some of the worlds best players, he by far of any other cricket captain in the world has the easiest job out of the lot.

Ponting has Warne and McGrath as his 1st change bowlers.

Flintoff has Mahmood and Panesar.

You tell me out of the two who's job is easier to pick a field and have your bowlers bowl to it?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Tyrone Biggums said:
My oath Ponting has an easy job.

The last Ashes Series was determined by the weather and the pitches that were very reverse swing friendly.

Ponting has at his disposal some of the worlds best players, he by far of any other cricket captain in the world has the easiest job out of the lot.

Ponting has Warne and McGrath as his 1st change bowlers.

Flintoff has Mahmood and Panesar.

You tell me out of the two who's job is easier to pick a field and have your bowlers bowl to it?

Fine - black and white easy Captaincy then :nono: ....Agreed he has better players - but that doesn't make it an easy Captaincy, theres just a few more feathers to the bow of being a Captain I think......Not to mention being Australian, with the highest sporting standards in the world...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
kestrel said:
At least Giles has f***ed off back to England c u n t

You crass idiot. His wife has been diagnosed with a brain tumour.

I suggest you crawl back under whatever slimey rock you live under.

:angry:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem lies in the fact that Flintoff is a shit captain compared to Vaughan and it is debatable whether he should even be in the side on his playing ability.

I started to try to work out if any of our players were the best in the world in their respective position and realised no they arent, then I realised that just comparing Australia and England and the same applies they are better than us in every position in the side
without exception, hence the fact that unless we can get Vaughan fit we will lose the series 5 - 0.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Flintoff is a poor captain however a potential match winner and should play.

As soon as Vaughan is fit he must be back in the team as Captain then Flintoff will play better.

Remember a certain Botham after the shackles of captaincy were removed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here