Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attn: train gurus

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What the chuff has happened to the train timetable between yesterday and today?

Yesterday the rail enquiry sites told me I could get the 9:22 from Bristol Temple Meads on Saturday morning and, changing at Cosham and Angmering, I'd be at Brighton just after 13:00.

Likewise, I could get the 8:22 and be in Brighton at 12:00.

Today, that routing does not seem to be possible. Instead, a change at Fratton is required, along with a 40 (forty) minute wait. The 9:22 now gets in at 13:47, a whopping four and a half hours.

Any clues from anyone in the know as it's most annoying.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Get the 0822 then.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Emergency engineering works, or some part of the journey being on some emergency timetable ?

What the chuff has happened to the train timetable between yesterday and today?

Yesterday the rail enquiry sites told me I could get the 9:22 from Bristol Temple Meads on Saturday morning and, changing at Cosham and Angmering, I'd be at Brighton just after 13:00.

Likewise, I could get the 8:22 and be in Brighton at 12:00.

Today, that routing does not seem to be possible. Instead, a change at Fratton is required, along with a 40 (forty) minute wait. The 9:22 now gets in at 13:47, a whopping four and a half hours.

What website are you using? By using the Deutsche Bundesban timetable planner http://www.deutschebahn.com/en/start.html (no idea why but this is the one us anoraks are recommended to use) I am getting 0922 ex Bristol, 30' wait at Cosham and arrive Brighton 13:18. I had to force it to use that route by defining Cosham as a change otherwise it will route you to change at Reading and Gatwick, and their info. doesn't pick up the Haywards Heath - Brighton coach bit for saturday.

Good luck.

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
From what I know there is a bus service running from three bridges to brighton due to engineering works....45 min journey it says from three bridges to brighton by bus

Or the alternative get a train via littlehampton which is 1hr 20 roughly

Very good with 4000 arsenal travelling down ......!!!!!

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
From what I know there is a bus service running from three bridges to brighton due to engineering works....45 min journey it says from three bridges to brighton by bus

Or the alternative get a train via littlehampton which is 1hr 20 roughly

Very good with 4000 arsenal travelling down ......!!!!!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

Rather than providing you with useless information about a route you're clearly not planning on using (London-Brighton), my suggestion would be that this week the train operators have been switching to revised timetables to accomodate for weather conditions. To my knowledge, Southern have switched back to standard timetable now.

However, it may be that somewhere along your route for this Saturday (across First Great Western, South West and Southern networks) that a revision or adjustment has been put into place which is resulting in the differences.

Educated guess. Looks like the earlier train the best bet.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think you need to stamp out any possibility of having to wait in Fratton.

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
Rather than providing you with useless information about a route you're clearly not planning on using (London-Brighton)

Just thought id like to point out the most direct train from temple meads to brighton goes through three bridges, however its is a little more expensive, so not so useless info, also thought it may help anyone else that was traveling into brighton this way on saturday for the game that was reading this post

Sorry for trying to be helpful

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rather than providing you with useless information about a route you're clearly not planning on using (London-Brighton)

Just thought id like to point out the most direct train from temple meads to brighton goes through three bridges, however its is a little more expensive, so not so useless info, also thought it may help anyone else that was traveling into brighton this way on saturday for the game that was reading this post

Sorry for trying to be helpful

I didn't get the impression that was aimed at you??

Anyway, he's probably trying to avoid the rail replacement buses, hence steering clear of Three Bridges. Plus I think the London route is more expensive than the scenic South Coast magical mystery tour.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The Southern site was certainly b*gg*r*d first thing today. I was boarding a train at Shoreham that had apparently not left Littlehampton according to them.

That was nothing to do with them closing London Bridge at rush hour today ****

London Bridge was closed because some drunk guy decided to have a wander on the line at Honor Oak Park, probably a Palace fan distraught about selling Zaha.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
London Bridge was closed because some drunk guy decided to have a wander on the line at Honor Oak Park, probably a Palace fan distraught about selling Zaha.

Yup, we were told "trespasser" and is still going on now apparently, but I think LB is partially open as far as I can tell. Has taken them a hell of a long time to find him.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Yup, we were told "trespasser" and is still going on now apparently, but I think LB is partially open as far as I can tell. Has taken them a hell of a long time to find him.

Everything is delayed getting where it terminates, so the next journey starts late and the one after is late - like a snowball effect so thats why there is still delayed. All lines open now, were shut for ages though.

Thing with this is that it delays everything else in South London, as Victoria trains get held up too.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I've just looked at various journey planners and none are currently showing direct trains between Southampton and Brighton in the morning. There are direct trains coming back, so no idea what's going on.

Tweeted Southern and their less than helpful response was that it was due to the BML engineering work, they haven't responded to my further enquiries. There's ALWAYS been Southampton to Brighton trains running when trains are diverted down the Arun Valley before, so I don't get it. Hopefully it's a glitch that'll be sorted soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here