Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance For The Luton Game ?

In the JPT tournament last season, Morecambe got their second highest crowd of the season for the first leg of the Area Final and Grimsby got their highest crowd of the season for the second leg.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Historically, JPT area final gates are normally about the same size or slightly higher than the average league gate.

I guessed at 7,500 on a previous thread and I have a bet with Da man Clay that it'll be this figure or above - actually I'm beginning to think he'll win, but there won't be much in it. Definitely over 7,000 as the prices are very reasonable and Loo town will sell their full allocation.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For me this is one of the most important Albion games in a long, long time and anyone who can't be bothered 'because it's a tin pot trophy' or whatever should fug off and watch Chelsea. This is our FA Cup semi, get out there and support the team, and the whingers can't even moan about the cost on this one (but will probably anyway). MORE IMPORTANTLY I believe Christ Almighty FC won this competition in 1991 and we cannot have them having a better trophy record than us! Get down to the Withdean pop pickers, no excuses for this not to sell out.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
For me this is one of the most important Albion games in a long, long time and anyone who can't be bothered 'because it's a tin pot trophy' or whatever should fug off and watch Chelsea. This is our FA Cup semi, get out there and support the team, and the whingers can't even moan about the cost on this one (but will probably anyway). MORE IMPORTANTLY I believe Christ Almighty FC won this competition in 1991 and we cannot have them having a better trophy record than us! Get down to the Withdean pop pickers, no excuses for this not to sell out.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

If nothing else a day at Wembley beckons and the Albion will be quids in!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester

Absolutely....game of the season so far for me , the result could decide whether or not we see the Albion running out at Wembley or not!!
Doesnt matter what the competition is......no excuse for not having a near sell out at least and then taking over London for the day for the final!!!! Bring it on

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor

I will be there but, the most important Albion game in a long, long time? I don't think so.

If we get through great. A nice day out at Wembley and some much-needed cash. But even then, if we lost the final, I don't think anyone on here would be honestly that gutted.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
MORE IMPORTANTLY I believe Christ Almighty FC won this competition in 1991 and we cannot have them having a better trophy record than us!
I'm afraid this isn't true. They won the full members cup - a defunct, shit competition open only to the top two divisions.

Of course they might have won the lower league version that we're playing in by now, if Dougie Freedman hadn't cheated relegation a few years back - by handballing and then scoring against Stockport, thereby sending Huddersfield to division 3 instead. :(

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
It IS a massive game for us now and a very winnable one too

not "very winnable" IMO, we are down the bottom of L1 and if it was'nt for their -30 start they would be mid table, they have everything to play for as its a potential trip to Wembley. I think both sides are very equally matched!

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
Big cup game just after christmas to struggling fourth tier side...

Anyone else worried by the echoes of the disaster that was the Mansfield game last year?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm afraid this isn't true. They won the full members cup - a defunct, shit competition open only to the top two divisions.

Of course they might have won the lower league version that we're playing in by now, if Dougie Freedman hadn't cheated relegation a few years back - by handballing and then scoring against Stockport, thereby sending Huddersfield to division 3 instead. :(

I thought the Zenith Data Systems Cup that they won in 1991 was the old equivalent of the JPT?!!?!

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I thought the Zenith Data Systems Cup that they won in 1991 was the old equivalent of the JPT?!!?!

No, Simster is correct. The Full Members Cup (aka Simod Cup, aka Zenith Data Systems Cup) was only contested between 1985 and 1992. Palace beat Everton in the 1991 final.

The Johnstone's Paint Trophy (or Football League Trophy, LDV Vans Trophy, Autowindscreens Shield, Autoglass Trophy, Leyland DAF Cup, Sherpa Vans Trophy, Freight Rover Trophy, Associate Members Cup) has been contested since 1983 and has never been won by Palace. It pains me to say it, but this is partly because they have never been eligible to enter: they have been in the top two divisions the whole time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here