Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Attacking flair stopped me from resigning'

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
so Gus is quoted as saying in today's Football League Paper. On about how we created ten to fifteen chances against ten men, if we hadn't he'd probably be resigning....Not impressed with our defending either....thoughts, anyone ?:facepalm:

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
If he did say that, then that is very unprofessional of him. It's his job, you can't leave something half done......oh wait :facepalm:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I can't believe he would say that. Highly unprofessional and if I were TB I'd be furious. We go to Udders and get done 3 or 4 do we assume Poyet quits?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Said it before. Poyet can be a right COCK sometimes.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
He can't totally blame the players. After all they are pretty much all players he brought into the club or who he loves and he and the coaching staff are responsible for the tactics etc.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I can imagine any top class manager saying

"I'm pleased we created the most chances versus 10 men,still if we draw games like that i will probably be on the golf course"

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Resigning........................ myself to the fact it wasn't going to be our day?

What did he ACTUALLY say in full?

Re-signing for another 5 years?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
NSC in knee-jerk reaction shocker. I wouldn't mind better that what he said has been taken out of context. LIKE EVERY QUOTE IN EVERY NEWSPAPER AND MAGAZINE ARTICLE EVER.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I will be surprised if Poyet is in charge at the end of the season due to his constant unprofessional outbursts.
I can see the players getting frustrated with him also.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will be surprised if Poyet is in charge at the end of the season due to his constant unprofessional outbursts.
I can see the players getting frustrated with him also.

I will be extremely surprised if he is NOT still in charge of us at the end of this season and planning for a further assault on The Championship next season getting near the promised land of the Premier League.

So much anti Gus nonsense on here do you think that he planned for and was happy for us to concede the 3rd goal, the players let him and us down by their lack of professionalism.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd love to see the full quote / recording of the interview because I can guarantee he didn't mean what they've interpreted.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I will be extremely surprised if he is NOT still in charge of us at the end of this season and planning for a further assault on The Championship next season getting near the promised land of the Premier League.

In all seriousness, in your eyes, what can Gus do for BHA that an experienced Premiership/Championship manager can't?
What positives does Gus bring to the table?

Not looking for a debate at all, I'm genuinely interested in how other supporters feel about our Boss.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you cannot see the improvement that he has brought to a club that was 5th bottom of Div 1 when he arrived plus his ideas etc for the academy then there is no point trying to convince you. If you compare this to the usual hit and run merchants no hopes of this division like Steve Cotterell, Paul Ince etc he has done and is doing wonders.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'd go further and add that Gus has, let's be honest had a very strict Budget,Gus cares and that's why he come out with such statements-

all top managers talk like spoilt kids

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
You people need to understand the context if the quote before you slate him. He was asked whether he was happy about the chances we created with an extra player and he replied: "Yes, we created 10-15 chances and you expect that with an extra man. If we didn't, I'd probably be resigning!"

GET A GRIP.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You people need to understand the context if the quote before you slate him. He was asked whether he was happy about the chances we created with an extra player and he replied: "Yes, we created 10-15 chances and you expect that with an extra man. If we didn't, I'd probably be resigning!"

GET A GRIP.

That seems more in context but it doesn't support his critics so cannot be mentioned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here