Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Attacking flair stopped me from resigning'

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I will be surprised if Poyet is in charge at the end of the season due to his constant unprofessional outbursts.
I can see the players getting frustrated with him also.

If Reading or Southampton are looking for a manager soon, without a doubt he'll be very close to the top of their list.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why does he keep threatening to leave? He isn't all that.

Quite. He's a good manager but he has yet to achieve enough to be labelled anything better than that. And there are certainly better managers out there.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I will be surprised if Poyet is in charge at the end of the season due to his constant unprofessional outbursts.
I can see the players getting frustrated with him also.

this ^^^^^^^^^^ is north stand chat gold

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Quite. He's a good manager but he has yet to achieve enough to be labelled anything better than that. And there are certainly better managers out there.

labels are what other people put on him....gus is gus and he may come out with some crackers..but some peeps on here should get over it ..i think we've all known him long enough to look beyond these little bites of an interview

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Much rather listen to the crazed rants of gus than the managers who trot out the usual post match cliche nonsense

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You people need to understand the context if the quote before you slate him. He was asked whether he was happy about the chances we created with an extra player and he replied: "Yes, we created 10-15 chances and you expect that with an extra man. If we didn't, I'd probably be resigning!"

Nowt wrong with what he said, IMO. Mountains and molehills

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Why do so many people get their knickers in a twist? I personally think what he said makes sense as if we hadn't had that attacking element then he would have failed in his job therefore should be looking at stepping down. But we did have that element to our game and that "attacking flair" shows that his methods are getting through to the players unlike the defending element which is making him wonder if he is the right man from the job.
He is an honest, passionate man who speaks his mind out aloud. I believe he still has a way to go before he is considered a great manager but he is definitely on the right path making him the perfect man for this club in my mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here