Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attack of the Clones - let down by acting or effects?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Watched the second half of this last night and I've got to say I think it's let down by the effects. The acting isn't brilliant, don't get me wrong, but I think Hayden Christensen actually acts the pary of Anakin rather well and Portman is decent too. McGregor is a bit of a let down but overall I reckon the standard isn't bad (apart from Boba Fett as a kid). I think it is more let down by the fake looking effects. How is it that 20 years ago Lucas made the Star Wars films look so real but now they just look like cartoons?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I watched a bit of it. When Anakin is riding on that beast as Queen Whatshername watches on in childlike admiration it looks proper shit. I was laughing as he got trampled. Just such a shame that he was alright and the film could continute.
Everything about it is wrong. It's so far far away from anything anyone from Earth would appreciate that Michael Jackson could have made it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wise words. Like Chappers, I watched it after Rome finished.

And it looked PROPER GASH.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I f***ing hate CGI, it's for GAYS.

Lazy gays at that, get off your arses and build the senate rather than draw it on a computer you work shy fops.

I think it's also let down by the fact that the Fett family (Jango and Boba) are played by a couple of convicts. "G'day Boba, some galah named Obi Wan has come to takea look at my clones. What a drongo"

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Hayden Whatshisname is so wooden....having said that I'd have a bit of wood if I was that close to Natalie Portman;)

CGI always looks okay on the big screen - but pants on the small screen

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For me there'll only ever be the original three. Episode I is the only film I've ever walked out on half way through and I haven't bothered with II or III.

That said, not sure if Chappers is talking about the Star Wars or Kemp Town version of 'Attack of the Clones' - the one where guys in handlebar moustaches and tight t-shirts try to take over the rest of Brighton.....oh no hang on, that was 'The Fellowship of the Ring'
:jester:

The most annoying thing about this film is that it made millions (merchandising etc) despite being poor in every department. I wish I could get rich being shit.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Cheeky Monkey said:
For me there'll only ever be the original three. Episode I is the only film I've ever walked out on half way through and I haven't bothered with II or III.

That said, not sure if Chappers is talking about the Star Wars or Kemp Town version of 'Attack of the Clones' - the one where guys in handlebar moustaches and tight t-shirts try to take over the rest of Brighton.....oh no hang on, that was 'The Fellowship of the Ring'
:jester:

Episode II is marginally better than episode I which was basically for Kids (gay ones at that!) - Ja Ja Binks was toned down a bit for Ep II - but not enough in my book. Episode III is far better than I and II - but still not a patch on the original films

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Cause nowadays they use more CGI and less models on wires I reckon.

Dead right. Back in the 70's and 80's it was virtually all model work.

Now its CGI bollocks. LOTR got the balance right between CGI and model work.

Last edited:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
dunno said:
Episode II is marginally better than episode I which was basically for Kids (gay ones at that!) - Ja Ja Binks was toned down a bit for Ep II - but not enough in my book. Episode III is far better than I and II - but still not a patch on the original films

Even Episode III is appaling. Darth Vader the most evil man in the universe - What does he have to say to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

'I hate you'

and

'The sith don't seem so bad to me'

So, three films which chart Anakins transition to the dark side is explained by the fact that Darth is in fact Kevin the teenager. Well done George Lucas, you relly are a genius.

On another note if the Death star is partially built at the end of III how come it takes 20 years to finish it off for Star Wars? Was Martin Perry in charge of the Project?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here