Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attack of the Clones - let down by acting or effects?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Dead right. Back in the 70's and 80's it was virtually all model work.

Now its CGI bollocks. LOTR got the balance right between CGI and model work.

I was just thinking that. LOTR managed to look pretty real I thought, Star Wars is fat too smooth, I just don't think Lucas could be arsed.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Hannibal smith said:
Even Episode III is appaling. Darth Vader the most evil man in the universe - What does he have to say to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

'I hate you'

and

'The sith don't seem so bad to me'

So, three films which chart Anakins transition to the dark side is explained by the fact that Darth is in fact Kevin the teenager. Well done George Lucas, you relly are a genius.

On another note if the Death star is partially built at the end of III how come it takes 20 years to finish it off for Star Wars? Was Martin Perry in charge of the Project?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Hannibal smith said:
On another note if the Death star is partially built at the end of III how come it takes 20 years to finish it off for Star Wars? Was Martin Perry in charge of the Project?

They had to finish Wembley first.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It was bullshit wasn't it.

I've not seen Episode 3 so I settled down to watch 2 last night in readiness for getting 3 out on DVD next week. Don't think I'll bother now.

McGregor was piss poor I thought, although no doubt trying his best with a terrible script. Also, shouldn't there be like an 8 year age gap between Amidala and Anakin? Looked to me like they were the same age, and the love scenes were embarrassing.

I know they wanted to stay faithful to the comic book style transitions of the first Star Wars films but to be honest it just looks shit now with all the wipe across scene changes.

And the CGI is very lazy in places. There have been films that have made the most of the technology and ended up looking very sharp. I'm not a 'rings fan but have to hand it to them on Gollum because he rarely looks out of place in the films, whereas 90% of what's on screen in Episode II looks completely removed from the actual actors.

Also, I wonder if it's just that I'm older now but I really find some of the "humour" moments insulting. C3PO and R2D2 provide comedy in the first trilogy, even though you know it is a bit silly and juvenile. However this time round the comedy is cringeworthy. In particular the part where C3PO is on some other robots body with a gun and keeps whingeing about how sorry he is. Doesn't really fit in with a big battle scene either.

All in all, SHITE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here