Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
For atmosphere. That is what the thread is about, that is what the thread title is.

He said "The more hostile, darker, hate-filled the better. Palace away in 2005 midweek was the b0llox...."

And you said he was clueless. Why?

Yeah the atmosphere was cracking, as well as all the other bits that made that day a good one!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
i just support my team. couln't care less how other people see us tho would like it to be nice.

Hate is just pointless. Everyone is just a football fan. If you hate them, they will hate you , back, and why would you want that .

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
well Selhurst was no fun during the 5-0 stuffing in 2002

Or after the game in 85, the one when Gerry Ryan had his leg broken...that was nasty, as was the collection of coins sent in our direction at half-time.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
i just support my team. couln't care less how other people see us tho would like it to be nice.

Hate is just pointless. Everyone is just a football fan. If you hate them, they will hate you , back, and why would you want that .

Disagree. Go to Boca or Galatasaray and tell me that isn't an electric atmosphere. To play in that kind of environment must be incredible, and it must effect you as an opposition player. And if the opposition are scared, brilliant.

It doesn't have to carry on once the game is over and outside the stadium, but a cauldron of hate inside the stadium is brilliant. Welcome to Hell.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Or after the game in 85, the one when Gerry Ryan had his leg broken...that was nasty, as was the collection of coins sent in our direction at half-time.
Agreed. That was unpleasant, their scum poured down those stairs chucking coins indiscriminantly at us. :nono: And remember the fights in the top of the Arthur Waite.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
As i said football is way too 'fluffy' these days.

Years ago every game was full of tension and the thought anything could happen at any time, these days its just the odd game (palace, west ham, millwall away etc) where u still get some of this.

Uridium

May 30, 2011
Hate in sport is pathetic. You need other teams to play against after all. If the other teams and their fans didn't turn up it would be a pretty rubbish afternoon out.

Banter, rivalry, excitement, anticipation, celebration - that's the atmosphere I love. And a pie and pint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here