Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4292191 said:
Stand up if you hate Palace I don't mind because I see it as an attempt to get the whole stand going. The St Pauli chant every 5 minutes is just overkill.
True but itsn't the point of the ultra style chanting that it goes on for a long time?
It never really got going properly tonight, there were what sounded like about 10 people in the middle of the west upper somewhere trying to get it going and failing.
There were a lot of different faces around from Saturday though.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Nothing like Saturday, but not bad, The Gillingham lot were quite loud sitting next to them in the South West corner. But they were really giving it the large offering everyone out. Which I suppose happens a lot, but I was totally disgusted with the dickhead who came over to us disabled supporters and give it the big un, offering out a bloke who was in his wheelchair. There is no excuse for that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i still enjoyed the atmosphere tonight...but it was nvr going to be as gd as the first league game of the season in a new stadium...with all tht happened on the game on saturday...a slight sense of anti climax was inevitable..roll on the nxt game

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
i thought the atmosphere in the whole ground was very poor tonight.

Probably because there were a lot of new faces in the ground (not season ticket holders) and they weren't aware of the atmosphere in the ground last saturday. Also with the ground being 4k less than the donny game, and the opponents (everyone assumed we were going to smash them 7-0 (ok, slight exaggeration)).

All of these factors didn't help. I hear the North Stand were trying to make some noise, however the West Stand didn't really reciprocate, i tried as did a few other to get some singing going, and i was told to shut up by a new face behind me. He got told to wind his neck in too, along with "if you want to sit in a library, then go to the Emirates".

Hopefully by the time Blackpool rock up, the ST holders will be prepared to make some noise, and i suggest if you are out of practice that we have a good ol sing song at fratton park on Saturday.

Brighton till i die!!!

Interesting. I was in the back row of the East, slightly nearer the South stand - just to experience a different view - and the West sounded louder than the North, although as there are twice as many seats there I suppose that's only logical. But it seems from what people are saying that noise levels vary considerably in different parts of the ground.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I thought the "wheels on you house go round and round" was brilliant. But the stand up if you hate palace song sung every 10 minutes is getting annoying..

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Normally WSU but got North for tonight - nice change of perspective. The ultras thing is good when everyone goes for it but a bit tedious when its just half a dozen blokes. That said, hats off to them for keeping singing start to finish. When the North Stand/West stand went off in the second half we were all pissing ourselves laughing, when the whole West goes it is absolutely deafening.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
When the North Stand/West stand went off in the second half we were all pissing ourselves laughing, when the whole West goes it is absolutely deafening.

Agreed. Okay, there's obviously more people in the WSU than the north, but yeah, the West "won" that one tonight :thumbsup:

On the whole I think the North is going to be great keeping the atmosphere going and loudly (as it should be), with the WSU joining in fairly regularly, and on the occasions I've heard it so far, the WSU is very, very loud. Saw a youngster tonight up there whose dad had got him a set of ear defenders to wear !

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Agreed. Okay, there's obviously more people in the WSU than the north, but yeah, the West "won" that one tonight

No no no, They did not... Sorry... NS jeered at them everytime they stopped. We deffo won that battle tonight.. It was bloody funny in the 2nd half though!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
North was good fun tonight, but not a patch on many away trips. Was disappointed with atmosphere but still had fun in it if that makes any sense? 7/10 and considering game type etc. think that's solid. Not been to Withers enough and know no comparison but be interested to go in there again on a league game and would expect it then to live up to expectations. Saturday looked mental in there :thumbsup:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Not bad tonight but we really need to sing a wider variety of songs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was in my usual seat in the WSU. Considering it was the CC 1st round against some 4th division no-marks, we still got over 16,000 many of who were clearly complete newbies. Considering that, I thought the atmosphere was excellent. Plenty of singing, some nice abuse of the ref, banter between stands, noise echoing round under the roofs.

OK, the goal wasn't greeted with the ear-splitting roars of Saturday, but then pens never are. Its a two-bob cup, and we were 5k down on the attendence. Some people seem to think its got to be the Maracana every week.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was in my usual seat in the WSU. Considering it was the CC 1st round against some 4th division no-marks, we still got over 16,000 many of who were clearly complete newbies. Considering that, I thought the atmosphere was excellent. Plenty of singing, some nice abuse of the ref, banter between stands, noise echoing round under the roofs.

OK, the goal wasn't greeted with the ear-splitting roars of Saturday, but then pens never are. Its a two-bob cup, and we were 5k down on the attendence. Some people seem to think its got to be the Maracana every week.

Well said that man. Look at other attendances this evening you whinging old gits! lol

Edit: I just checked other attendances... we were 3rd best of the night, Forest obviously were gonna get a decent one, 21k'ish... second were Leeds, 17.5K'ish, we were third. Southampton got 6.5k and Pompey got 4.5k ... be happy with what we have!

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Given the humdrum nature of the game I thought the atmosphere was pretty decent, and proved that even on a 'quiet' night the Amex is still going to be fun. At withdean that game would have been silent apart from tackle on Vincelot.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4292083 said:
Didn't hear them sing that from the north!

Atmosphere wasn't amazing.... just the same 4\5 songs over and over really

With so many new faces in the north compared to Saturday (not a bad thing but was always going to effect the atmosphere) I was pleasently surprised.

I can remember the North singing

GOSBTS - The group at the back did try and get the slow (proper) version with the RIGHT words going
Brighton Aces
Build a bonfire (with comment heard "who this Bellotti :facepalm:)
Will Buckley's Brilliant
Gus Poyet my lord
Albion Albion
Seagulls
The usual We're the North Stand/We're the right side
Sea Sea Seasiders
We are the North Stand, the North Stand
Give us a B
A couple of other North Stand specific songs

When the West gets going it sounds fantastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here