Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Could not hear you in the south east corner, seemed very quite tonight, to the point the away end were chanting "your supposed to be at home", the noise generated obviously does not carry to the south stand.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ahhh I did hear a 'East stand, east stand give us a song' ... and, well... nuffin!!

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Given tonight felt like a pre-season friendly, and was a pretty dire game of football, I'd say the atmosphere wasn't bad.

As long as it's never like it for league matches it's fine!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Could not hear you in the south east corner, seemed very quite tonight, to the point the away end were chanting "your supposed to be at home", the noise generated obviously does not carry to the south stand.

Didn't hear them sing that from the north!

Atmosphere wasn't amazing.... just the same 4\5 songs over and over really

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Dont think sound travels from end to end well at all. Didnt hear Donny at all on Sat, heard Gills in patches tonight. Was a fair bit of singing in the North tonight. Oh well, sounded good from my seat.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
North better than West I would say tonight, but still all round good.

Credit to Gillingham I heard the away end for the first time at the AMEX tonight and they sounded quite loud. Dread to think how loud Pompey or Leeds might be.

D

Deleted member 18477

all league games will have amazing atmosphere! and big cup games. did anyone really expect tonights game to have amazing atmosphere?

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
i thought the atmosphere in the whole ground was very poor tonight.

Probably because there were a lot of new faces in the ground (not season ticket holders) and they weren't aware of the atmosphere in the ground last saturday. Also with the ground being 4k less than the donny game, and the opponents (everyone assumed we were going to smash them 7-0 (ok, slight exaggeration)).

All of these factors didn't help. I hear the North Stand were trying to make some noise, however the West Stand didn't really reciprocate, i tried as did a few other to get some singing going, and i was told to shut up by a new face behind me. He got told to wind his neck in too, along with "if you want to sit in a library, then go to the Emirates".

Hopefully by the time Blackpool rock up, the ST holders will be prepared to make some noise, and i suggest if you are out of practice that we have a good ol sing song at fratton park on Saturday.

Brighton till i die!!!

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I tried out the East Stand as opposed to the wsu (season ticket) and i must say that the North Stand sounded brill.

Preferred the view also. Wish i could swap my ticket lol

D

Deleted member 18477

i thought the atmosphere in the whole ground was very poor tonight.

Probably because there were a lot of new faces in the ground (not season ticket holders) and they weren't aware of the atmosphere in the ground last saturday. Also with the ground being 4k less than the donny game, and the opponents (everyone assumed we were going to smash them 7-0 (ok, slight exaggeration)).

All of these factors didn't help. I hear the North Stand were trying to make some noise, however the West Stand didn't really reciprocate, i tried as did a few other to get some singing going, and i was told to shut up by a new face behind me. He got told to wind his neck in too, along with "if you want to sit in a library, then go to the Emirates".

Hopefully by the time Blackpool rock up, the ST holders will be prepared to make some noise, and i suggest if you are out of practice that we have a good ol sing song at fratton park on Saturday.

Brighton till i die!!!

dont worry mate. the season ticket holders that didnt go tonight will back you up. league games will be incredible all season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here