Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Atmosphere' tonight

ada4bha

Jan 27, 2010
By far the best passion and participation i've seen in the West Stand Middle, that is the 1901 Club, since we've been at The Amex. Everyone was up for it, young and old alike.

Two comments for the future
Have the opera bint perform for 3 or 4 games per season, I think she adds a different and appreciated dimension to pre-match build-up, which was reflected in the support/applause she got at the end (and no it wasn't because she had finished)

NEVER AGAIN have clappers, they make a noise for sure but not a noise that is nice to hear. I actually wanted to join in with the palace 'hand clapping' song but didn't.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
WSU was deafening. Could not speak to those around me at times. As mentioned before at times was the loudest singing I've ever been involved in,

Team putting in that performance dampened It down after palace scored.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
What exactly do people feel is missing from the atmosphere at the game?

I'm well aware it's a only a post/thread happy minority but the last few games have had noise, chants, humour (if you didn't laugh at the seagull incident during the blackpool game you've no soul), clappers, mexican waves, samba bands and an opera singer!

I'm in no way saying that everything on that list is going to appeal to all albion fans but there's been enough going on to surely keep the vast majority pleased?

Unless of course it really is just a case of 'this is how I believe it should be and mine is the only way, all others are tinpot/plastic/JCL' etc.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
By far the best passion and participation i've seen in the West Stand Middle, that is the 1901 Club, since we've been at The Amex. Everyone was up for it, young and old alike.

Two comments for the future
Have the opera bint perform for 3 or 4 games per season, I think she adds a different and appreciated dimension to pre-match build-up, which was reflected in the support/applause she got at the end (and no it wasn't because she had finished)

NEVER AGAIN have clappers, they make a noise for sure but not a noise that is nice to hear. I actually wanted to join in with the palace 'hand clapping' song but didn't.

Seems like I'm on my own with the view that the opera singer was dreadfully downbeat for the occasion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here