Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Atmosphere' tonight

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Couldn't disagree more. I thought the atmosphere was excellent up until the first goal.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Well I've lost my voice,gave it ****ing everything last night.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I thought the build up was brilliant, I felt quite emotional, or maybe it was nerves and stress, during the opera signer which led onto the montage and then the correct words and the right speed for SBTS. The cards up with everybody singing "We are Brighton" was unsurpassed in our short Amex life.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
That was easily the best atmosphere since Donny , until the goal went in and you could see our players were more nervous of it than palace ..

For those who think giving clackers or whatever they are (our so called hard core fans ) get a life times change and think of the younger generation coming on .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I thought the build up was brilliant, I felt quite emotional, or maybe it was nerves and stress, during the opera signer which led onto the montage and then the correct words and the right speed for SBTS. The cards up with everybody singing "We are Brighton" was unsurpassed in our short Amex life.
Obvious and tedious wind-up merchants on here. Losing to Palace is bad enough without getting into this crap.

Last night before kick-off and during the first half produced the top 3 loudest ever Brighton chants in terms of decibels generated... if that isn't good enough then I don't know what would be.

The fact that the players didn't turn up for more than about 10 minutes in total might have had something to do with The Amex not rocking continuously all night ... :yawn:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not sure the OP was fishing he appears to be in the wrong part of the ground. The North was rocking and was brilliant. There was a large section in the NW corner that were going right to the end as well. We played our part last night best we could and it was just one of those nights.
Even at the end of the game the majority around stayed and clapped the players off and gave Liam Britcutt one more chant.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Just goes to show how we all have different views on this. I thought that up until the teams came out, the slow dirge of the opera build-up was dire. The best bit was the rocking music on the montage just before that which had the place pumping. In between the bits when she was warbling, the atmosphere was cracking. I genuinely think the normal Fanzone music or anything with a bit of pace and guts to it would have had the place going barmy. Not much wrong with the noise during the game now and, in the WSU, the response to going a goal down was pretty impressive.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
get a life times change and think of the younger generation coming on .

We need to dispel this myth that kids like gimmicks. Kids are there for the football like the rest of us, the singing is what makes the atmosphere, it doesn't need anything else.

Last night was rocking in the first half, as loud as any ground I've been to. That was in spite of the clackers, not because of.

D

Deleted member 18477

It was very loud in the WSU. Until they scored.

The best atmosphere I've ever experienced at a football match in the west upper.

this! in fact WSU was so good last night i couldn't hear the north!!! i'm not saying the north werent making noise because i'm sure they were but it was a really good performance from the WSU! love the geezer in the centre block of WSU quite near the back who stands up on his own and shouts ALLLLLLLLLLLLBION and give me a B, R, I, G, H, T, O, N... brighton, brighton etc to get it rocking! top performance!

can i just also say i really do not think our players were that bad... Palace were VERY good last night. they stopped our game. their 2 defensive midfielders and zaha were on another planet. its one of those games, we will bounce back. we're brighton we always do. hindsight for me says we should have started with lualua and barnes instead of david and ulloa putting orlandi in the centre.

it's these bad times which make the good times feel so good! remember that. just picture us now whipping palace in our next meet and think to yourselves how satisfying it'll be. right now its the palace lot who have that satisfaction but it will not last forever!

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
East stand good atmosphere,thought the clackers should have just been given out in the family section though:blush:

chiefkickass

Jan 19, 2012
ESU was rockin last night! Best atmosphere of the season by far. Did go very quiet after the 1st goal though.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Personally I thought the atmosphere was the best since the Doncaster game. There's some right miserable gits on this site. I'm sure that some of those complaining would have preferred had we stayed at Withdean.

Agree with you completely, it was a great atmosphere.

I'm sure most of the miserable gits contribute f*ck all to the atmosphere and their misery infects their perception.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here