Atmosphere tonight...

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I thought it was very good today.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Maybe I've just had my expectations lowered by 12 years of Withdean, but I genuinely think the atmosphere at The Amex is one of the best in the country pretty much every single week. The only shocker we've had is Leicester, which was like a morgue, but only because it was absolutely FREEZING. The Amex really is a CAULDRON.

Right it really must be a cold day in Hell today, cause I am agreeing with you, AGAIN!

I'm off to buy a lottery ticket.

Well said about the atmosphere tho. Totally agree

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Thought it was the best atmosphere for some time - to be fair the team did give the crowd plenty to sing about.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was in the South Stand, the whole ground sounded fantastic from over there. Once it's complete and there are 30,000 Brighton fans in there it's going to be immense. I think reclaiming the South Stand is very wise aswell, there are bound to be people who want to be behind a goal but who aren't into the North Stand.

One funny thing I discovered about the South Stand is that the main TV on the wall is in a protective case. :lolol: Just made me laugh.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was in the South Stand, the whole ground sounded fantastic from over there. Once it's complete and there are 30,000 Brighton fans in there it's going to be immense. I think reclaiming the South Stand is very wise aswell, there are bound to be people who want to be behind a goal but who aren't into the North Stand.

One funny thing I discovered about the South Stand is that the main TV on the wall is in a protective case. :lolol: Just made me laugh.

Well done on the singing south stander

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
West Stand was a slumbering giant once again.

When was that what songs did you start, don`t get me wrong i wish you lot would sing the atmosphere would be great, but you don`t stop kidding yourselves.The north stand is the place to be as it was at the Goldestone

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think all this negativity about the Amex is bullshit. I don't get to many away games but the impression I get from SCR EVERY WEEK is that our away following outsings the home support. Derby were PISS poor tonight by the way.

This is a very good point, we have only been outsung at the Amex twice, both of which are debatable (Leeds and Palace). Away is about the same, Southampton and Blackpool but these have only been once we have been comprehensively beaten at both of these. We make some sort of noise no matter what at the Amex and so far this season have the loudest home support in my opinion.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Whilst the first half was uniformly quiet it was fantastic second half. Loved the East and South getting involved. Was very loud in WSU G but couldn't tell how far along it was going or whether WSL were joining in. I hope so as if it was the same across the West as it was round us it would have sounded very loud indeed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When was that what songs did you start

There's, what, 12000 people in that stand? Apart from one impressive roar of AL-BION near the end I'd say it was operating at no more than about 30% capacity as a generator of noise for 99% of the time. Delude yourself that that is impressive as much as you like but its emperors new clothes. Disappointing.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
This is a very good point, we have only been outsung at the Amex twice, both of which are debatable (Leeds and Palace). Away is about the same, Southampton and Blackpool but these have only been once we have been comprehensively beaten at both of these. We make some sort of noise no matter what at the Amex and so far this season have the loudest home support in my opinion.

Leeds yes, Palace no. I only heard them for the last 20 minutes. Leeds were immense.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When was that what songs did you start, don`t get me wrong i wish you lot would sing the atmosphere would be great, but you don`t stop kidding yourselves.The north stand is the place to be as it was at the Goldestone

Presumably 'you lot' refers to the West Stand. If so, leave me out of it. I'm in the North Stand same as I was at the Goldstone. And I didnt mean 'slumbering giant' as a compliment. Quite the opposite.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
There's, what, 12000 people in that stand? Apart from one impressive roar of AL-BION near the end I'd say it was operating at no more than about 30% capacity as a generator of noise for 99% of the time. Delude yourself that that is impressive as much as you like but its emperors new clothes. Disappointing.
I'm in the stand so can't tell how it sounds to the rest of the ground but it was loud where I was. The one thing I'd say is, you try getting 12k people to sing all at once. Different sections are doing their own thing, it's why the majority of the time it goes North --> North West --> South West as a chant makes its way along like a Mexican Wave. I can't tell whatsoever if the South West end are joining in until the North West where I am stop - and can't hear whether WSL have ever sung (obviously they have, but my point is I can't hear them from WSU so for all I know they never have).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Leeds yes, Palace no. I only heard them for the last 20 minutes. Leeds were immense.
I agree, Palace went mental in the last 10 minutes, the roar when they scored I think it was their equaliser was insane, apart from that the atmosphere was surprisingly crap (we went mental in the first 20 minutes when we were on top).

West Stand was a slumbering giant once again.

Couldn't hear us huh?

Great game, great atmosphere especially in the 2nd half.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Oh, here comes another willie-waving contest!!!

My stand's better than your stand, so there.

Give it rest, guys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here