Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

at what age were you when you went to your first AWAY game on your own ??

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Must have been aged 13, Millwall away in September 1964. No segregation then - went in the 'popular' end (i.e. theirs). Oh how naive we were! Sneaked away to the side hiding our colours, after bigger lads had got a smacking

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Is this competely by yourself or without your dad or whoever would normally take you to the games. I've never been to an albion one by myself but have been down to my local team Leighton Town :bowdown: a few times, age 16 :)

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
3rd Nov 1979 Vs Arsenal aged 12 We lost 3-0 but had a few chances. Was pretty scary on leaving having to persuade the old bill to let me out because I actually lived in London & didn't want to get stuck in the ground with all the Brighton fans they held back. Walked out into a sea of Gooners & was almost crushed getting into the tube station. That was my first Brighton playing away match but pretty much every match I have seen has been an "away" match because I live in London & always have.

1975 Vs Brentford in the League cup was my first ever Brighton match. 1-1 the result & I couldn't understand why everyone was so pissed off, it was because it was the 2nd leg & the 1st had been won by Brentford 2-1.

My first experience on my own in The North Stand I can't even remember who we played because it was so chaotic, the away fans in the corner baying & getting abuse from whoever were the Brighton "boys" of the time, cups of whatever it was thrown over them because there was only a metal chain fence separating the opposing hooligans & mayhem when we scored. I really can't think who it was we played that day, but it was 1978 that much I know.

Skinthead

Jul 26, 2004
There Abouts
Aged 18 1978 Away to Palarse! two of my mates got chucked out for standing on top of one of those little Blue threee wheeler invalid cars!! funny thing is though they both gave my name and address to the old bill!! but then they managed to sneak in the ground again!! Happy Days!!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
With mates (rather than my dad) - age 15 West Ham away 1979 promotion season 0-0, 35k+ and segregation was a piece of tape! "They're not f***ing wearing scarvveess.." as one skinhead cockney shouted into my frightened face(!)

PG

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Tottenham 1978, aged 9! Me and my mate just followed everybody else - there were thousands of Albion that day. Told our parents we were going to the other ones house. 48,000 people were in the crowd that day and I have to say I don't think we saw a bloody thing. Luckily it was a 0-0 draw. On leaving we just did exactly the same and followed everybody back to Victoria, then Brighton. Never told my parents a thing!

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
15 - Orient , Zamora and Brooker scoring
this was infact my first away game with my grandad (life long fan and and inspiration) i was 6 and id only ever seen albion at withdean so to experience a packed terrace amd a brilliant atmosphere thats when i fell in love with brighton

if by on your own, you mean with school age friends as opposed to adults, it would have been Palace away in the spring of 81, i'd have been 13, at 14 (1982) me and a mate left our Moulsecoombe abode at the crack of dawn and left for Elland Rd, late that night, on our return when asked were we had been, I think our matter o fact attitude that we'd 'just been to Leeds' was taken as teenage bullshit and the topic wasn't mentioned again, them days eh? The following season, at age 15 any match within about a 100mile radius would have been fair game for bunking the train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here