Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

at what age were you when you went to your first AWAY game on your own ??

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
15 - Reading away, 1986, 2-1 defeat at Elm Park. It kicked off absolutely hugely inside the ground, outside the ground, at the station, f***ing everywhere. Police opened the gates to the away terrace afterwards and charged in on horses, the works. Fairly hair-raising introduction to away games, to say the least.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
oooh on me own? When did we lose 3-1 to Forest in the league (?) cup... they were Euro champs then, was 1979 I think and I think we took the lead. Something like 5,000 BHA supporters in the away pen and we were so packed could hardly breath. However some 2,000 fans had not got there due to the trains breaking down (thank f***). I was 14/15 and got a coach from Rustington, I skived off school that day.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
About 17 I think, was at college in Haywards Heath at the time, I went to every home game but never made away matches. One morning I went off to college having had some argument with my mother, and I really couldn't be arsed to go home after college. I found some friends who were going up to Orient so tagged along. It pissed it down all night, Brisbane Road was in a shocking state, we stood on the terrace behind the goal and got thoroughly soaked...and won three nil.

Happy, happy days :clap2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
15 - Orient , Zamora and Brooker scoring

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Did Chester away on the train in 1997. It was the same day England drew with Italy 1-1 in Rome to qualify for France '98. I missed it of course because I was on the train. Didn't miss much anyway - that bitch Drewery used her superpowers and made Ian Wright hit the post :angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
12. With me 10 year old brother in tow. Our dad worked for the railways and we got unlimited free rail passes. We went by ourselves when he was working on a Saturday. Used to follow Partick Thistle all over Scotland. Which usually meant free complimentary match tickets off the team also. Seemed like all we ever spent our money on was pies, Bovril and Maccaroon bars! Oh, and programmes. Got hundreds from those days, many signed by players who were barely even household names in their own household. The trains were always packed with Celtic or Rangers, who had support all over Scotland. Perfectly safe wearing our Thistle scarves tho. They used to pat us on the head and feed us sweets :lol:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
aged 14 Wycombe away league cup 1994. I think Martin o'neill was their manager then. We played unbelievably and won 3-1 junior mcdougald scored with a delightful chip, it could of been ten we were that good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here