Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
This was a big win against a decent Villa team - it creates a gap between Brighton and the teams below them - another couple of wins like this in December will make a massive difference to the league position.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Analysis all about us , better team , not a pen

We’ve arrived!! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Interesting the piece they did highlighting what Maupay contributed. With my limited football knowledge I missed most of that at the time.
Well played Welbeck and Maupay, what a pairing.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Interesting the piece they did highlighting what Maupay contributed. With my limited football knowledge I missed most of that at the time.

Thought he had a mare!
Great analysis showing exactly what he brings to the team.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not too bad on villatalk. A load of people rattling on about the corrupt ref, who would’ve given Bruno Fernandes a pen, but also much criticism of Smith’s tactics and bad performances and quite a few nuggets such as:

2F119D47-4142-4893-96ED-E7940C5C1968.png

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Another quote from the idiot smith

"I thought we had control of the game and if we had taken our chances we would have won."
Total melt. If my auntie had nuts she'd be my uncle???

I thought Villa looked quite dangerous, but their players should join the Equity Union.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Other matters arising:

The kit looked slightly less dreadful with blue shorts. But those collars are terrible, especially when players keep the button done up.

Jayson Molumby's Premier League debut, I believe?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Seems many Villa fans have even shorter memories than my goldfish. They stayed in the PL because of the biggest mistake of the season when Sheffield United score and it was not counted. The should be grateful that they are still playing at this level.

The ref made a few mistakes yesterday , the original penalty was one of them though it was 'clear' why it was given in real time replay showed it was not.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Glenn Murray would never have scored that :goal:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not too bad on villatalk. A load of people rattling on about the corrupt ref, who would’ve given Bruno Fernandes a pen, but also much criticism of Smith’s tactics and bad performances and quite a few nuggets such as:

View attachment 130692

Hmm... plenty of outright delusion about the penalty. Complete refusal to address the issue of the camera angle that shows no contact. This one is an ex ref as well ! Regarding Lamptey’s second yellow perhaps he should be having a go at the cheat Grealish for manufacturing that yellow card.

‘maybe the rules have changed but when i was refereeing and a player said "I got the ball first, ref." the standard answer was "too bad you fouled him after that." maybe the rules have changed but it doesn't seem reasonable that his heel bumping the ball as his foot swings past to kick the ankle of the opponent should make any difference to the fact that THE DEFENDER KICKED THE ANKLE OF THE ATTACKER WHILE THE BALL WAS STILL WITHIN PLAYING DISTANCE!!!!! Clear and obvious errors only, right.

Other than that. giving Lamptey Red card when there are just a few minutes left did nothing but take away any movement and momentum we were building accomplished nothing resembling fairness. ’

I have to say I haven’t been this annoyed by cheating for quite some time. Villa are a disgrace really as their entire game plan centers around cheating through diving and getting ill deserved free kicks. A complete anti football team. Hope they get relegated.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hmm... plenty of outright delusion about the penalty. Complete refusal to address the issue of the camera angle that shows no contact. This one is an ex ref as well ! Regarding Lamptey’s second yellow perhaps he should be having a go at the cheat Grealish for manufacturing that yellow card.

‘maybe the rules have changed but when i was refereeing and a player said "I got the ball first, ref." the standard answer was "too bad you fouled him after that." maybe the rules have changed but it doesn't seem reasonable that his heel bumping the ball as his foot swings past to kick the ankle of the opponent should make any difference to the fact that THE DEFENDER KICKED THE ANKLE OF THE ATTACKER WHILE THE BALL WAS STILL WITHIN PLAYING DISTANCE!!!!! Clear and obvious errors only, right.

Other than that. giving Lamptey Red card when there are just a few minutes left did nothing but take away any movement and momentum we were building accomplished nothing resembling fairness. ’

I have to say I haven’t been this annoyed by cheating for quite some time. Villa are a disgrace really as their entire game plan centers around cheating through diving and getting ill deserved free kicks. A complete anti football team. Hope they get relegated.

I had thought that villatalk was going to be wall to wall hatred towards Oliver and us.

Instead much anger towards Oliver, but also a lot of stick for Smith’s tactics eg allowing it to become an shootfest where Smith had arrogantly thought they’s outgun a “dangerous team like Brighton”, plus quite a few compliments about us. Also many fair comments that Lamptey didn’t deserve that second yellow.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I have only seen highlights. Can someone tell me what positions Veltman and Burn played when they came on. Appreciate Veltman took over from Lampty in injury time but before that surely we didnt have 5 playing at cb

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here