Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And we SOAR to 5th from bottom with that win !

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What a game, had a bit of everything! The sending off might **** us up now though.
A hard fought win finally!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Miracle - it was playacting but it’s a penalty

No more of a penalty than Lamptey in the first half, which was dismissed as "dramatic" .
Well if Lamptey going to ground after being fouled is dramatic what the **** was Trzeguet's fall?

We scored two great goals - the forward partnership coming together. Still think we look a total bombscare defensively - great win regardless of the miracle at the end

D

Deleted member 2719

We've won and I'm livid. Lamptey's red is a joke, Grealish is a ****.

Perhaps all the Albion tweeters who suckle up to Lineker can tweet him to get stuck into Grealish and he may even berate him on MOTD.

Or maybe he won't???

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Trezuguet should have been off for his foul 2 minutes earlier, if we are to consider Solly's tackle a "foul"

Elbow in the face? used to be considered a foul

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well now. At last. Decisions and luck going our way right at the end. When Lamptey went and they did t I thought we were done. Even more so when the penalty was initially given.

Better finishing, tremendous effort from everyone and a steely determination to get the points. Everything I was asking for. Potter has stuffed words down a few throats including mine with that and fair play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Phew! I would say we've earned that little piece of luck but it wasn't actually luck now, was it? More like justice. Villa are collectively a nasty piece of work. There's been a lot said about our needing to be a bit spikier but I certainly wouldn't want to see us playing that way. Diving at every opportunity and plenty of nasty off the ball afters. So glad we beat them. Also worth adding that we were pretty obdurate in defence in the second half (except for that shocking bit of defending from their free kick).

Great job from the team. MOTD will make for good viewing tonight and that gap to the dotted line of doom looks a little rosier.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here