Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I don’t mean to be negative but all this talk of positives is great but is points that keep you up. That is a dreadful result losing to a team below us in the 94th minute as was dropping two points to Burnley in stoppage time. We are one point outside the relegation zone after a quarter of the season. We need points not plaudits for style otherwise we will sleep walk into relegation.

D

Deleted member 2719

Keown saying we played brilliantly today, Crooks basically saying villa without Grealish would not be the same.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Breathe. Breeeeeeeaaaaaathe...

Trossard should be back soon. Really looking forward to seeing him back and making things happen.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Absolutely gutted at that result, but the football we are playing ... wow. Dale Stephens suddenly looks like the best deep midfielder in the league.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The red card hurt us, but so did our inability to take chances, and general poor decision making in the final third. Again. Yep, we got 3 v watford - a side struggling a lot still. 3 v Tottenham - two of which goalkeeping errors played a major part in. They are the exceptions. Goal scoring is still a problem for us, let's not ignore that in all this talk of red cards.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Keown saying we played brilliantly today, Crooks basically saying villa without Grealish would not be the same.
Without Grealish, Villa would be relegation certs - they're just as much of a one-man team as Zaha FC.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sickening and heroic.

Looking forward to Everton next week.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
You watch MOTD when we lose? I don’t go near it :lolol:

Tell me about it! No Sunday newspaper for me either now. Nor Costa because bloody Villa friend will be in there as usual reading about his teams victory. Time to lie low. So pissed off, for an October away defeat it feels oddly like we’ve lost the Cup Final again!!:shootself

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I don’t mean to be negative but all this talk of positives is great but is points that keep you up. That is a dreadful result losing to a team below us in the 94th minute as was dropping two points to Burnley in stoppage time. We are one point outside the relegation zone after a quarter of the season. We need points not plaudits for style otherwise we will sleep walk into relegation.

Yeah, it's getting rather boring now saying 'yeah but we're playing great football' . we need some bloody points

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Maupay had a few should have done better with and the pass from March to Stephens when breaking forward was very poor.

Lack of concentration at end of both halves and another avoidable red card and we have lost more points

Again tactically Potter has set us up perfectly and the players are letting him down with poor on pitch decisions

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Realise that. But why did the ref add the additional time?

He didn't though did he. The goal came after 93 mins according to the stream I was watching. The commentator kept saying time was up for some reason until he suddenly realised there was 30 secs to play just as they scored.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
What a kick in the balls - this one will be hard to recover from. Can only really go two ways.... we'll see. Not much else to say - the spirit is there, but the application is still letting us down.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Oi. You know the rules. No speaking of the elephant in the room.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We were on our way to a minimum 0-2 but maybe more until Mooy went red.

Hence I 100% blame Mooy for this, as I did Andone v Southampton. Both sending offs were irrational. Both didn't need to do it, and so early in the games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here