Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Vanilla tickets

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Hopefully not too many T1, T2, and T3 folks hold back or sales may be slow enough that even if initial allocation eventually sells, the club do not take up the better space at all...

We're all guessing what the Albion's procedures are for away allocations. It might well be different for each game as the home club have different constraints. It would be good to clear the air so we all know what is going on and I can't see why the club would have a problem sharing this info. Sounds like a good topic for the next fan's forum.

It's a dilemma sure enough because quite often the seats that we can send back if sales are not good are the ones that border the home fans and therefore the better view closer to middle of the pitch . So they will be loathe to put them up for sale first because they are risking the club's income . Also agree completely if fans in T1,T2,T3 do decide to hold back it will only exacerbate the problem .
By virtue of the fact that they have released P9 before P11 i am sure they are thinking that we will sell a lot more to my albion + members and at least they will all be happy this time around !
There will , without any shadow of doubt , be some unhappy people who purchased this morning before P9 opened and who could blame them ?
BUT what is the answer / alternative ? My only hope is that the start of this season has been marred prediction wise by covid etc and that as the season progresses things will improve , it will certainly help if we can sell out so come on everyone lets buy buy buy !
If it helps to persuade more local fans to go my seniors return rail ticket from Worthing to Witton ( 10 mins from villa ground ) cost me £36 (with travelcard )

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
If it helps to persuade more local fans to go my seniors return rail ticket from Worthing to Witton ( 10 mins from villa ground ) cost me £36 (with travelcard )

I checked this morning and National Rail wanted £86 per person return! We've booked a parking space as there are 4 of us going.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
2 x in P9 + £50 return train 1st class from N’pton :drink::thumbsup:

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I checked this morning and National Rail wanted £86 per person return! We've booked a parking space as there are 4 of us going.

Yes when i first looked on southern they wanted £80 + standard and £56 with railcard , bought mine via trainsplit standard £50 + and with railcard £36 ( other ticketing sites available ! )

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yep £85 for me and £42 for the boy from Brighton and that’s Advance and non refundable. Luckily I had a small bonus at work (as in have a nice meal, not pay off your mortgage) so I’ve used that. I’m firmly of the opinion that no good day out ever started in a traffic jam on the M25.

That’s not sustainable though which is another good reason to try and get his points up so we can get the cheap deals with confidence. Even if you do seem to get the worst seats (I seem to have got the worst of the originally released tickets as a reward for watching the ressies against Swansea).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yep £85 for me and £42 for the boy from Brighton and that’s Advance and non refundable. Luckily I had a small bonus at work (as in have a nice meal, not pay off your mortgage) so I’ve used that. I’m firmly of the opinion that no good day out ever started in a traffic jam on the M25.

That’s not sustainable though which is another good reason to try and get his points up so we can get the cheap deals with confidence. Even if you do seem to get the worst seats (I seem to have got the worst of the originally released tickets as a reward for watching the ressies against Swansea).

Booked ours today and mine is £51 and my daughters £29. We're travelling a little early but will eat and drink near New Street.

Agree about the traffic, can ruin a good day out.

edit. should add there is anothe £8 for the thameslink to st pancras

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's a dilemma sure enough because quite often the seats that we can send back if sales are not good are the ones that border the home fans and therefore the better view closer to middle of the pitch . So they will be loathe to put them up for sale first because they are risking the club's income . Also agree completely if fans in T1,T2,T3 do decide to hold back it will only exacerbate the problem .
By virtue of the fact that they have released P9 before P11 i am sure they are thinking that we will sell a lot more to my albion + members and at least they will all be happy this time around !
There will , without any shadow of doubt , be some unhappy people who purchased this morning before P9 opened and who could blame them ?
BUT what is the answer / alternative ? My only hope is that the start of this season has been marred prediction wise by covid etc and that as the season progresses things will improve , it will certainly help if we can sell out so come on everyone lets buy buy buy !

I guess they need more confidence about how many we'll sell for any particular game - if they really think a game will be a sellout, the full allocation needs to be confirmed and put up for sale at the start - but I can understand why this is difficult, particularly while we're still managing a pandemic and the willingness to attend games is a bit patchy. Hopefully as things settle down they'll be more clear on the likely numbers and get the initial allocations more accurate. They just seem to be very conservative atm (understandable with a £70m black hole from last season)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm going on Seagulls Travel for the first time...£37 x me and the lad. I think thats pretty reasonable compared to the train ££.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon

Use Train Split
Far better deals

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
He’s 14 now so probably gets worse at school :lolol:

The only grounds he’s been away to before are Charlton, Fulham and Arsenal. I’ve told him it’ll not be like any of those.

Time we had a proper away day together. Luckily he loves hotdogs so Birmingham Christmas Market here we come. Did I hear someone say “gluhwein”?

HAve you seen the price of City centre hotels in Birmingham for that night?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
For anyone going by car, don’t forget that Birmingham has a clean air zone in the centre which operates 24/365.

If you are just going to the game and not into the centre then it won’t affect you, but just in case you fancied a wander into the city then here is the link:

https://www.brumbreathes.co.uk/info/25/welcome-2/1/welcome-1/2

Not all cars get charged, you can check if yours is covered or not.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
HAve you seen the price of City centre hotels in Birmingham for that night?

The Park Regis is not bad - £119. Lower than that and you may not survive the night.

Edit - that deal has gone, best bet is the Ibis budget @£110, several other options do look expensive as you say.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Use Train Split
Far better deals

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Yep cheers. Had forgotten all about that. I wanted to use the high speed rather than West Midlands just to get the journey over with but still would have been a little cheaper I reckon and saved a lot if I’d been more flexible. Next time.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
How’s this looking today? Any chance this goes to Members level tomorrow?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
How’s this looking today? Any chance this goes to Members level tomorrow?

I would say very good chance currently 360 left in P9 , some good seats there , meaning about 25 sold in last hour and a half .
I must admit i thought it was members today but see on ticket site it does indeed say tomorrow .
The club may even have P11 up their sleeve as i am sure this has not been opened yet .

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I would say very good chance currently 360 left in P9 , some good seats there , meaning about 25 sold in last hour and a half .
I must admit i thought it was members today but see on ticket site it does indeed say tomorrow .
The club may even have P11 up their sleeve as i am sure this has not been opened yet .

Nice one cheers! Hopefully can get one tomorrow morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here