Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Assuming we beat SWINNERS, who do you want in the next round of the JPT?

Who do you want in the next round of the JPT?

• Shrewsbury Home

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Luton Home

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Colchester Home

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Shrewsbury Away

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Luton Away

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Colchester Away

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tin pot it may be brain doner but we get a massive slice of the gate at wembley and money for winning! Money!!!!!!!!! We should take 25 000 there too

*snigger*

Spell-mental aside, though, I agree with you. Doncaster reckoned to have made £1m from winning it. If the money from winning it meant, for arguments sake, NOT having to sell Tommy Elphick or Glenn Murray to make ends meet, would THAT make it more worthwhile?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
*snigger*

Spell-mental aside, though, I agree with you. Doncaster reckoned to have made £1m from winning it. If the money from winning it meant, for arguments sake, NOT having to sell Tommy Elphick or Glenn Murray to make ends meet, would THAT make it more worthwhile?

Yup definitely, still wouldn't make it any more exciting though. dress it up in whatever clothes you like it's always gonna be Micky Mouse.

We need another "where's the money gone" binfest on NSC anyway, which would inevitably follow a Wembley appearance

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Because whilst I would love to see the albion soccer at Wembley, doing so in this competition against a shit outfit such as Rotherham would be a huge anti-climax. It's a tin pot trophy purely for tin pot clubs, and at 21 years old I don't want to accept we're tin pot just yet. Winning this would prove we are.

That, my friend, is absolute BULLSHIT

I for one would f***ing LOVE a day out at Wembley watching my team play in the FINAL of a competition. On that day I will not give a flying f*** that it's the Johnstone Paint Trophy.

IT'S A f***ing CUP FINAL!

Luton at home by the way

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Luton at Home.... We'll thrash em... (hopefully) but it is their only chance of silverware this seasos, so I'd imagine they'll go out fighting

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
What if we lose 1-0 to Darlington in front of 30,000 people? Shit game, no atmosphere, huge empty spaces (probably entire TIERS) empty. Would you not leave that game feeling that the Wembley experience had been totally devalued, and that it just wouldn't be as special when we inevitably reach a play-off final again? For me, not only is the JPT a bit pointless, but playing at Wembley should be a really unique experience for a club like ours. It should be something that, when it happens, will be one of the best days of all our albion supporting lives. Going there in the JPT to me would be like opening your christmas presents a day early, finding they're a bit shit, and then being very disappointed and let down on christmas morning.

The problem with Wembley is that a fair amount of people have done it already with watching England there, so for me a play-off final there would never be as special as that day in Cardiff.

I know a few people who had been there to see Wales v England, but for majority it was there only real chance of seeing the stadium.

Is the venue important then? Never crossed my mind not to go to Cardiff. Are you suggesting that more people would go because it's Wembley regardless of the tin pottedness of it all?

Is the venue important! The whole point of launching the Associate Members' Cup, as it was originally known, was to give the lower division clubs a realistic chance of getting to Wembley (this was in pre-playoff days). It's possible that this competition may give us our only appearance
at the new Wembley in our lifetime; if it does, those who do not attend will end up regretting it when they are on their death bed. (Things to do before you die no.51: see your club play at the new Wembley!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here