Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Assuming we beat SWINNERS, who do you want in the next round of the JPT?

Who do you want in the next round of the JPT?

• Shrewsbury Home

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Luton Home

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Colchester Home

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Shrewsbury Away

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Luton Away

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Colchester Away

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I think it's the Bakerpolitan line.

Cripes that sounds technical! Just need to think "what is my favourite flavour of ice cream?". Only trouble is I tend to get answers wrong when I'm under stress!

Going to have to be the velcro shoes that day to save brain power for the undertheground!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Because whilst I would love to see the albion soccer at Wembley, doing so in this competition against a shit outfit such as Rotherham would be a huge anti-climax. It's a tin pot trophy purely for tin pot clubs, and at 21 years old I don't want to accept we're tin pot just yet. Winning this would prove we are.
How does WINNING in a competition, albeit a ridiculous one, make you more tin pot than LOSING in it. At home. To Swindon bloody Town. Surely just ENTERING puts you at a certain level, and then you can improve your level the further you get. Be the best damn tin pot club we can be!

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
it is the brighton audience on saturday, my mate's on it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has it really come to this? Getting excited about the most Micky Mouse trophy in League football. Not interested, even if we get to a 1/4 full Wembley final. Be great for revenue etc etc but I cannot get exciited about it in any way.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I used to like it when we put out our reserves and went out in the first or second round each year. We treated the competition with the CONTEMPT it deserves. All this playing the first team, winning games, and getting nearer a televised game where the whole country will be laughing at us is shit. To answer your question, if we go out in the first round then noone even notices, let alone remembers. If we get to the final it's an admission that we're a joke club who aren't competing for anything worthwhile.

I'm as much of an albion fan as the next man, as my 100% league attendance this season shows, but on Wednesday night I'll be hoping for a 1-0 Swindon.
Surely you are, by DEFINITION, less tin pot if you are noted for SOMETHING than being totally obscure?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's Wembley, it's the Albion, and it's the most we can hope for this season. Unless people haven't noticed, we ARE a tin pot club, playing in a tin pot ground, with tin pot fans and a tin pot budget.

Anyone with loftier ideals than that is delusional.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's Wembley, it's the Albion, and it's the most we can hope for this season. Unless people haven't noticed, we ARE a tin pot club, playing in a tin pot ground, with tin pot fans and a tin pot budget.

Anyone with loftier ideals than that is delusional.

All true and with the fact that it IS tinpot we'd struggle to take 20,000. We couldn't even make 30,000 for a playoff final to get into the Championship. I have no ambition to watch the Albion in front of a 3/4 empty Wembley. I hope when we get to Wembley again it will be for something meaningful in front of a nearly full house.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All true and with the fact that it IS tinpot we'd struggle to take 20,000. We couldn't even make 30,000 for a playoff final to get into the Championship. I have no ambition to watch the Albion in front of a 3/4 empty Wembley.

That play-off final wasn't at WEMBERLEY though, which is a more attractive proposition and a lot nearer for most fans than Cardiff. And we did take 30,000 there.

Depending on who we were playing, there could well be 50,000 there, which is a whole lot more than 1/4 full.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That play-off final wasn't at WEMBERLEY though, which is a more attractive proposition and a lot nearer fro most fans than Cardiff. And we did take 30,000 there.

Depending on who we were playing, there could well be 50,000 there, which is a whole lot more than 1/4 full.

Is the venue important then? Never crossed my mind not to go to Cardiff. Are you suggesting that more people would go because it's Wembley regardless of the tin pottedness of it all?

Play off final or Micky Mouse Cup, which is a more attractive proposition regardless of the venue?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is the venue important then? Never crossed my mind not to go to Cardiff. Are you suggesting that more people would go because it's Wembley regardless of the tin pottedness of it all?

Play off final or Micky Mouse Cup, which is a more attractive proposition regardless of the venue?

Regardless of the venue, the PO is more attractive.

But the decisons people made wouldn't BE regardless of the venue, would they.

A lot of people would take the view that there was no way they'd pass up a chance to see the Albion at Wenbley.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No, the most we can hope for this season is PROMOTION. I'd say that is a) loftier than winning the JPT, and b) not delusional.

I would LOVE IT ((c) K. Keegan) if we came close to promotion, but can't see it this year unless we can keep some of our loan players. It is a sad indictment of the club that Thornton, Anyinsah, Richards and Johnson are better than what we have to offer, and the Fleetwood is certainly no worse.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
[
A lot of people would take the view that there was no way they'd pass up a chance to see the Albion at Wenbley.

_38286413_office_300b.jpg

I'd pass it up for twins.......blonde......Swedish

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well OBVIOUSLY Presso. The choice was a. watch the Albion at Wemberley, or b. don't bother.

No-one mentioned c. enjoy a night of passion with blonde swedish twins and a large tub of coffe ice cream.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Because whilst I would love to see the albion soccer at Wembley, doing so in this competition against a shit outfit such as Rotherham would be a huge anti-climax. It's a tin pot trophy purely for tin pot clubs, and at 21 years old I don't want to accept we're tin pot just yet. Winning this would prove we are.

Tin pot it may be brain doner but we get a massive slice of the gate at wembley and money for winning! Money!!!!!!!!! We should take 25 000 there too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here