Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Asking for a friend…

Is it polite and respectful or needy and unnecessary to say ‘Hello’ & ‘Goodnight?’

• It’s important/polite to greet your partner when you get home or say good night before bed.

Votes: 131 97.8%
  • It’s needy to expect your partner to say hello upon returning home or goodnight before going to bed.

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I think this thread was designed to tip all the lonely people people with nobody to say good night to " over the edge " - Just reaching for the razor blades !

Sometimes, I think I’d be happier if I was lonely, and I didn’t have someone to say goodnight to haha

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sometimes, I think I’d be happier if I was lonely, and I didn’t have someone to say goodnight to haha

It's fab.

My Ex used to watch about 8 episodes of Coronation Street. 8 episodes of EastEnders. 8 Episodes of Emerdale Farm plus some Australian Soaps every week.

I had to get out. I was going mental.

At one point one of my clients was in Coronation Street and during a story line where her husband or boyfriend had killed someone . My Ex said something along the lines of " Tell xxxxxx that yyyyyyy is a murderer.

I responded what you on about. I got the story line explained to me.

To which I responded. " It isn't f#ckin real. You are batshit f#ckin mental you "

So yes - having no one to say good night to saved me from going as f#ckin mental as they were.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Mate, you sound very confused.. as am I.

I get the impression your other half is making your life a bit of a misery. Would this be in the right ball park?

You’re not far off. If only it were that simple. (It never is!!) Cause she is ‘capable’ of being so wonderful and making me so happy, everyone else adores her, she makes sure of that, but I’m realising that it’s always on her terms unfortunately and I have my own ideas about what happiness and kindness is and just want some consistency. I think our biggest ‘communication’ issue is that she is ALL words only (with few exceptions) and I’m predominantly action. I appreciate words are important, she doesn’t even notice my actions. (Hmmm, that gives me an idea for my next needy poll.) haha

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The ultimate source of happiness for all men everywhere and that’s the truth [emoji1787][emoji1305] …I’ll get right on that. Haha

I actually agree with you that truth is the most important but I was sort of hoping you were gonna say it was sex. Hence the reason for requesting a video :)

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I actually agree with you that truth is the most important but I was sort of hoping you were gonna say it was sex. Hence the reason for requesting a video :)

Haha, yea, of course ‘the truth’ is definitely what I was referring to and I know just how to record a video of truth haha …I definitely didn’t assume you meant sex, I mean, how shallow would that be!? Truth over sex all day long! Absolutely. No question. Obviously. No competition. Give me the truth over sex any day. It’s all about the truth. Yep! Truth for me please. Who needs sex, really? Not me! No sir! [emoji1303]

Last edited:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
You’re not far off. If only it were that simple. (It never is!!) Cause she is ‘capable’ of being so wonderful and making me so happy, everyone else adores her, she makes sure of that....

Get out. Really. Get out.

I was in a relationship like that for 5 years. I could be wrong, but does she not like you having your own friends? Does she not like you having fun without her? Does she casually beat you down with no regard to your feelings? Does everyone think she's wonderful, but she's an absolute Thundertwunt behind closed doors?

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Get out. Really. Get out.

I was in a relationship like that for 5 years. I could be wrong, but does she not like you having your own friends? Does she not like you having fun without her? Does she casually beat you down with no regard to your feelings? Does everyone think she's wonderful, but she's an absolute Thundertwunt behind closed doors?

She doesn’t shout, she doesn’t swear, but my gosh does she have an INCREDIBLE talent for very eloquently saying and doing all the right/wrong things (always and only ever behind closed doors…spot on!) to infinitely make me feel so needy and demanding re things I think are so basic in any relationship, and I’m the bad guy at the mere mention of any of it. Her way or the highway basically re everything and how dare I complain when I should just accept it and be grateful…but I have to be honest re the rest, no, she’s not all that bad in that respect unfortunately or getting out would be a far easier choice to make.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Quite apart from relationship issues, if two people live in the same house (even if one is the lodger) it's useful to know if the other resident is in or out. If you hear footsteps upstairs, it's good to know whether you should be hearing them.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Quite apart from relationship issues, if two people live in the same house (even if one is the lodger) it's useful to know if the other resident is in or out. If you hear footsteps upstairs, it's good to know whether you should be hearing them.

Maybe that should have been Oscar Pistorius's defence. Then he might have got a different verdict.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Yes, of course. It is polite, respectful....and normal. Ideally with a kiss as well , although after 47 years that may not always be coming my way .
But whatever she says.... go with it ... it is no good forced . Just accept that women are unfathomable and they are all different.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014

…said the same to my buddy the other night haha. I would probably get more respect and consideration from a lodger. I’d def get some help with the bills.

Just accept that women are unfathomable and they are all different.
After 40yrs on this planet and endless relationships I think I’m finally beginning to realise that I expect too much and can’t keep judging women by my own standards or those of my mates. If you’ve found one you can tolerate guys, that clearly gives a sh!t, hold on to that, HARD!!

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, of course. It is polite, respectful....and normal. Ideally with a kiss as well , although after 47 years that may not always be coming my way .
But whatever she says.... go with it ... it is no good forced . Just accept that women are unfathomable and they are all different.

We may be unfathomable but not every woman is manipulative. That’s not a relationship, that’s abuse.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
You say you want respect from her and for her to understand you and listen to you, yet you wont do the common courtesy of acknowledging her when you come in, presumably you would do that for a mate?
Sounds like you are in a power struggle where both of you seem to feel you are right and won’t budge.
Maybe seek some professional help to see if the log jam can be broken as neither of you seem to have the skills to do it yourselves.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
We may be unfathomable but not every woman is manipulative. That’s not a relationship, that’s abuse.

Really appreciate the insight of a woman; thank you! I’m not sure what’s worse, to be as unfathomable as a woman, or as simple as a man, haha …personally I aspire for balance in all things and truly believe that any extreme is, well, extreme.

You say you want respect from her and for her to understand you and listen to you, yet you wont do the common courtesy of acknowledging her when you come in, presumably you would do that for a mate?

Yes ‘I’ would. Hopefully that sufficiently corrects your assumption. It certainly affirms my assumption that I needed to try and be impartial in my question if I wanted to garner impartial responses. It has however become a little harder to hide as the conversation has evolved.

Sounds like you are in a power struggle where both of you seem to feel you are right and won’t budge.
Maybe seek some professional help to see if the lug jam can be broken as neither of you seem to have the skills to do it yourselves.

Exactly that!! Our relationship does seem like a constant power struggle and it’s an infuriating cycle to try and break. We’re both very headstrong and it’s impossible to reach a consensus in the vast majority of cases when neither of us (well, her haha, see I’m stubborn too haha) is capable of any self reflection or vulnerability.

I know you’re right re pro help! I’ve been toying with the idea. My only fear is that it’s too late for it. The dogged streak in me has always figured if it’s got ‘that’ bad it’s not worth saving I guess.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here