Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Asking for a friend…

Is it polite and respectful or needy and unnecessary to say ‘Hello’ & ‘Goodnight?’

• It’s important/polite to greet your partner when you get home or say good night before bed.

Votes: 131 97.8%
  • It’s needy to expect your partner to say hello upon returning home or goodnight before going to bed.

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fed up with stubbornly being told I’m entirely wrong, about EVERYTHING, under all circumstances, and made to think I’m insane, so I’m curious…do you seek out your partner on returning home to say ‘hello’ and do you say ‘goodnight’ before going to bed? (If I can work out how I’ll add a pole.) Thanks in advance.

Oh and obv feel free to take the p!ss to your hearts content. If I couldn’t take it, I wouldn’t have posted, so knock yourself out.

An ex partner of mine could stop talking for 2-3 days over micro aggressions she'd initiated.

Get rid.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I say hello, good night, please and thank you etc. for me these small interactions help grease the relationship between us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, on a serious note, this. I pass the time of the day with people I'd happily ignore (or at least steal sales leads off) at work. I'm damn sure I'm interacting meaningfully with the woman I love and mother of my kids.

Last edited:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
When you live in Kent, that sort of namby pamby shi*e goes out of
the window. get a f******g grip everyone.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
If I want to have my dinner instead of the dog having it, or avoid any 'accidental' iron burns on my nice clean BHA top that she's just washed for me, then yes, I am polite and say hello.

My wife has a million little ways of 'getting even' if i p1ss her off - so I don't - well I try not to buy sometimes just me breathing seems to set her off but hey ho, thats life. I don't add to it by ignoring her though.

Been working for 26 years so far and I'm still alive.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They are extremely difficult to live with sometimes

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Fed up with stubbornly being told I’m entirely wrong, about EVERYTHING, under all circumstances, and made to think I’m insane, so I’m curious…do you seek out your partner on returning home to say ‘hello’ and do you say ‘goodnight’ before going to bed? (If I can work out how I’ll add a pole.) Thanks in advance.

Oh and obv feel free to take the p!ss to your hearts content. If I couldn’t take it, I wouldn’t have posted, so knock yourself out.
Shouldn’t you just vibe with each other? it sounds very formal hello goodnight please and thank you.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Your post hasn't made it entirely clear.

Are you the one who expects your partner to greet you when you or they return from work..

or are you the one being rebuked by your partner because you don't greet them when you or they return from work?

As for being told that you are wrong about everything in a manner that you are made to feel that you're insane, there's a term for that type of behaviour. It's called "gaslighting"....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/better/amp/ncna890866

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
When you live in Kent, that sort of namby pamby shi*e goes out of
the window. get a f******g grip everyone.

‘Kent?’ haha …why Kent?

Shouldn’t you just vibe with each other? it sounds very formal hello goodnight please and thank you.

Haha, I agree, consider the question in regard to any non specific form of salutation to the effect of ‘hello’ or ‘goodnight’ a sufficient example.

Your post hasn't made it entirely clear.

Are you the one who expects your partner to greet you when you or they return from work..

or are you the one being rebuked by your partner because you don't greet them when you or they return from work?

Yea, that was deliberate. In the hope of garnering fair, impartial responses. ;)

As for being told that you are wrong about everything in a manner that you are made to feel that you're insane, there's a term for that type of behaviour. It's called "gaslighting"....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/better/amp/ncna890866

Yea, that didn’t escape my thinking whilst reading my own post(s), but question is, who’s gaslighting who? The person accusing the other of inconsiderate behaviour or the one accusing the other of unreasonable expectation and overreaction?

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Yea, that didn’t escape my thinking whilst reading my own post(s), but question is, who’s gaslighting who? The person accusing the other of inconsiderate behaviour or the one accusing the other of unreasonable expectation and overreaction?

Well, an accomplished gaslighter will strive to convince you that they are the one who is being gaslighted.

But only you can answer your question as only you know the true circumstances of your situation and relationship.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
BaltiChickenface,

We're too hard down this neck of the words for formalities.

‘Hard?!’ In Kent?! You’re being sardonic, surely? It’s not exactly Bradford or Wakefield or Leeds haha

Edit: WOW! I stand corrected. I apologise. You live in Kent, you are hard. Apparently 5th hardest area in England. I’m shocked! Maybe it’s because Kent also holds the record for the warmest UK whether on record. If you’re from Kent you’re definitely harder than me from Brighton & Hove haha.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
‘Hard?!’ In Kent?! You’re being sardonic, surely? It’s not exactly Bradford or Wakefield or Leeds haha

Edit: WOW! I stand corrected. I apologise. You live in Kent, you are hard. Apparently 5th hardest area in England. I’m shocked! Maybe it’s because Kent also holds the record for the warmest UK whether on record. If you’re from Kent you’re definitely harder than me from Brighton & Hove haha.

Yeah. Watch your back my son. :)

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Yeah. Watch your back my son. :)

I’m from Brighton and Hove haha, I’m good at that haha

Well, an accomplished gaslighter will strive to convince you that they are the one who is being gaslighted.

But only you can answer your question as only you know the true circumstances of your situation and relationship.

How about that for a paradox. I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve been told I gaslight her haha …I had to Google it haha, so if I am a gaslighter at least I know I’m not an intentional gaslighter.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Depends which part of Kent. Grim north Kent (which I assume is the hard part), uptight, posh central Kent, seedy east Kent, or Royal west Kent? Being Kentish (stop it) myself, I consider myself a bit of an authority on the subject.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I’m from Brighton and Hove haha, I’m good at that haha

How about that for a paradox. I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve been told I gaslight her haha …I had to Google it haha, so if I am a gaslighter at least I know I’m not an intentional gaslighter.

But not knowing the term which describes the behaviour doesn't preclude the behaviour itself from being intentional.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think this thread was designed to tip all the lonely people people with nobody to say good night to " over the edge " - Just reaching for the razor blades !

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Depends which part of Kent. Grim north Kent (which I assume is the hard part), uptight, posh central Kent, seedy east Kent, or Royal west Kent? Being Kentish (stop it) myself, I consider myself a bit of an authority on the subject.

I'd take you and your monkey on and, being from South Kent, would easily give you a bloody good hiding.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I'd take you and your monkey on and, being from South Kent, would easily give you a bloody good hiding.

You don’t know which part of Kent I’m from… Actually, I’m from Royal West Kent, so watch your mouth, my good man, or I’ll set the bloody hounds on you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here