Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask Uncle Buck

I can answer that for ya if you haven't received a reply yet !!

Its quite simple really, and infact has been proven in a court of law...somewhere in the US of A (where else?).

The case was argued in court, and to prove either way a Jaffa Cake and a regular biscuit (dunno what kind....for arguments sake lets use a Digestive!!) were left overnight in the court house on a plate.

The following morning on returning the court, the jury were provided with the evidence. Plate (A) containing the Jaffa Orangey Delight, and Plate (B) containing the McVities Digestive.

Upon inspection the Jaffa Cake had gone hard, and the Digestive had gone soft.

So there's your answer. Cakes go hard if left out overnight uncovered, and biscuits go soft !!

I'm not a geek I've just heard that story before and remembered it cos it kinda sounded bollox but made sense.....if that makes any sense !!

I think it was an appeal against the Inland Revenue because VAT is levied on "luxury" biscuits (which include chocolate ones) but not cake, however much chocolate they contain. McVitties also produced a cake-sized Jaffa cake which they had made to emphasize the point!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Then insist questions are only PMd to you. It's a public forum.

Read the thread title mr Notts. Its really quite simple.

UB. will Brighton and Hove Albion soccerists score more goals than their monkey-hanging counterparts, and thus progress onwards to experience more of the MAGIC of the finest cup competition in the world?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here