Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask the club

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
When you put it like that, it makes me wonder what the club would do without you, it would probably go bust.

Mabye you should make better use of your talents and start e-mailing No.10 your thoughts on the economy or the middle east.
Funny guy :facepalm:, so I take it you never have an opinion on what the club could do, or perhaps do better to increase it's turnover?

So I presume you feel everything the Albion does is perfect, and happily accept whatever in life, never feel the need to question or suggest anything at all?

Personally all I did was agree with a suggestion, but knew that FL rules state you can't have stripes all over the back, so merely made a suggestion that might work better. This was misunderstood, and as you can't add to threads, individual threads had to be started, bit of a shame but no way round it.

Quite how some can be so bothered about it that they feel a thread devoted to it is needed is hilarious, and if you Mr Fish are in fact the sort of person I described above, I take it you would not feel the need to suggest to the club to revert back to stripes should they ever decide to remove them completely for any reason?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Funny guy :facepalm:, so I take it you never have an opinion on what the club could do, or perhaps do better to increase it's turnover?

So I presume you feel everything the Albion does is perfect, and happily accept whatever in life, never feel the need to question or suggest anything at all?

Personally all I did was agree with a suggestion, but knew that FL rules state you can't have stripes all over the back, so merely made a suggestion that might work better. This was misunderstood, and as you can't add to threads, individual threads had to be started, bit of a shame but no way round it.

Quite how some can be so bothered about it that they feel a thread devoted to it is needed is hilarious, and if you Mr Fish are in fact the sort of person I described above, I take it you would not feel the need to suggest to the club to revert back to stripes should they ever decide to remove them completely for any reason?

When you get a bit older you'll have more important things to worry about.

It's not the question that I think was retarded, it's the fact that the club press officer is having his time wasted by having the same question asked 5 times in the space of an hour, once should be more than enough. If you want a discussion then do it on the main board.

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
When you get a bit older you'll have more important things to worry about.

It's not the question that I think was retarded, it's the fact that the club press officer is having his time wasted by having the same question asked 5 times in the space of an hour, once should be more than enough. If you want a discussion then do it on the main board.
What can be more important than my club, even Mrs J knows that.

Fair play though and I quite agree although as said if I could have kept it in a single thread, I would. If I wasn't misunderstood, I wouldn't have had to post again, tis unfortunate and annoying but ce la vie.

My only gripe has been that it's been described as being childish, stupid, pointless etc, yet receives a whole thread devoted to debating it.

Priceless!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
What can be more important than my club, even Mrs J knows that.

Fair play though and I quite agree although as said if I could have kept it in a single thread, I would. If I wasn't misunderstood, I wouldn't have had to post again, tis unfortunate and annoying but ce la vie.

My only gripe has been that it's been described as being childish, stupid, pointless etc, yet receives a whole thread devoted to debating it.

Priceless!

Before now, have you actually read the very top thread on "Ask the Club" section?

It is worthwhile reading and does lay out the basics as to what it is about and other links that can be used for differant matters.

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
Before now, have you actually read the very top thread on "Ask the Club" section?

It is worthwhile reading and does lay out the basics as to what it is about and other links that can be used for differant matters.
Yes and quite agree with it. Never had reason to use ATC before, and probably never will in the future, as personally prefer to call or email any query that I have.

On this occasion I just happened to read it (like many obviously do), noticed an idea which I liked the sound of in terms of having stripes back on the rear of the shirt, and just added a modified idea to that one as knew about the FL ruling and thought that if anything was to be passed on as a suggestion perhaps it might be a potentially better alternative.

I have to agree that a lot on there could be better answered by picking up the phone, or dropping an email. That said, perhaps a suggestion might be to have topics in there such as 'Ideas for new kits' whereby people can post their views, ideas and comments so that the club could see them all in one place, as opposed to starting a thread on the main board which will most likely get lost in and amongst all the other threads, therefore saving the club having to trawl through it all?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I fully expect that the ATC will be withdrawn at any time by the club. Just for a moment perhaps some of the boneheads who post inane drivel on there could think what their day jobs would be like if they had to respond to complete morons making crass puerile statements about things that are so ridiculously facile it beggars belief.

I have never posted on there as I have found any questions I have are usually answered eventually and I dont think anyone at the club would overly interested in my ideas about a football special bus from T Wells to Falmer. Because it wont happen and it would be a waste of time asking.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
ASTC has gone down hill for awhile now. Questions being thrown at the Insider are very laughable sometimes and it must make him laugh aswell, because he has to give up his own time to answer some idiots questions, like when will tickets go on sell?!

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
think there is a case for making The Insider a moderator on the ATC section therefore allowing him to delete crap like the shirt suggestions, as for the player suggestions iv heard of many a person over the years suggest players to clubs way before the invention and prominence of the internet. I think the major problem with ATC is that posters dont give the club itself enough credit.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It just came at a bad time! I'm sure you probably didn't see it but Lord B reiterated in a post in this thread about ATC being for proper Questions, not Opinons

Well then, my question is, have the club scouted Jeff Smith of Darlington. If not, then they should. Seriously, people moan now, but if we then go and scout the chap and see he is actually very good and playing in a very poor side, we might end up signing him and if we then did, you'd all spot my genius. :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
ASTC has gone down hill for awhile now. Questions being thrown at the Insider are very laughable sometimes and it must make him laugh aswell, because he has to give up his own time to answer some idiots questions

Can't take that long to copy and paste the words: "Thanks, I'll pass on the suggestion."

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Well then, my question is, have the club scouted Jeff Smith of Darlington. If not, then they should. Seriously, people moan now, but if we then go and scout the chap and see he is actually very good and playing in a very poor side, we might end up signing him and if we then did, you'd all spot my genius. :thumbsup:

I think that's called completely ignoring the point.

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
think there is a case for making The Insider a moderator on the ATC section therefore allowing him to delete crap like the shirt suggestions, as for the player suggestions iv heard of many a person over the years suggest players to clubs way before the invention and prominence of the internet. I think the major problem with ATC is that posters dont give the club itself enough credit.
So shirt suggestions are crap yet you feel player suggestions are worthwhile? Where's the difference?

In saying that I agree that perhaps Insider should be able to moderate it though, or the current moderators for that matter just delete suggestions/opinions etc, and leave the worthwhile questions.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

One good performance means f*** all in football, and certainly shouldn't give you delusions of grandeur and make you think you're a scout.

Good grief.

Father Jack says people don't give the club enough credit. That's true, but there's also a case of some naive idiots giving themselves far, far too much.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
f*** sake,all you analy retentive "ask the club is only for important stuff,like we all agree all things BHAFC are wonderfull THANK YOU MR ALBION," and if you ask something dumb they will take this"great favour/asset"away from us should stop crawling up the clubs arse and get a f***ing life.
It is always the same appologists for the clubs failings YES I DO INCLUDE YOU W.W. who spin the party line.
If they continue to treat us as mugs,f*** em,with a bit of luck we can get in the premier league and we can get a years Sky sports subscription for the price of two tickets for Withdean/falmer and spend the change on a bottle of courvoisier a week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here