Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask Micky Adams questions at theargus.co.uk from 12.30pm today (June 27)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think its stronger. The 3 who went up have been replaced by Leicester who will be a threat, Colchester, who if the £400k bid for Gillespie is anything to go by, will too, plus somebody else I can't remember!

The 3 relegated teams were RUBBISH and have been replaced with very good sides. MK Dons and Peterbro' will be a force.
Well relegated teams don't tend to be great, although you could make a case that Bournemouth weren't a bad side.

Leciester are currently in the process of selling their best players, and have Nigel Pearson as manager (for now anyway). Colchester have already lost a couple of players, they a couple of good players but largely they look average so it depends if they sell more. Scunthorpe have sold their best striker. Colchester and Scunthorpe were relegated by quite a distance, and it's worth remembering how few teams have bounced straight back from this league. MK Frans and Peterbrough are good sides, but Franchise have just lost their whole coaching staff...

Leeds on 0 points is the biggest difference, I think the rest evens itself out with Swansea and Forest going up.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Why do you think the league is stronger this season out of interest?

There are more teams with money than last year, For us to get promoted we have to finish in the top 6, and to do that we have to compete with the 3 that failed in the play offs in Carlisle, Leeds and Southend as well as Leicester, Colchester, MK Dons, Peterborough and Scunthorpe.

Oldham, Walsall and Hudderfield will also be in a similar position to us. I thought Tranmere would be up amungst it too, but it seems that they have fallen apart behind the scenes

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well relegated teams don't tend to be great, although you could make a case that Bournemouth weren't a bad side.

You could make that case, yes, but we still took SIX points off them. Would you be confident of six points against ANY of the teams coming up?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You could make that case, yes, but we still took SIX points off them. Would you be confident of six points against ANY of the teams coming up?
I don't think Stockport and Hereford are any great shakes. :shrug:
But that doesn't necessarily fit anyway, as none of the promoted sides went down last year.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I don't want to hear, this is a tough division or its going to be much harder this time or that Crewe and Bristol Rovers are tough opening games, i want to here that we are gonna go hell for leather to win this league. Maybe they are under playing their position maybe there is a wow factor signing in the offing but I tell you this fans are going to be shouting from the rooftops if we are not in a strong position come Christmas. They sacked Wilkins when he had made obvious progress so there is no room for excuses if we are not fighting for automatic promotion. Look at the clubs who have been promoted as champions Scunthorpe and Swansea, hard working professional teams well managed with a few star players and some bloody grafters come on micky shout it out loud were going up!!!!!!!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
every year someone claims these leagues are tougher than before but money doesnt guarantee success and i dont see the leagus as being any harder than last year

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sorry to be negative (or realistic) but only one automatic promotion place available(can't see Leeds falling apart).Makes it tougher straight away.

Leicester could and possibly should have stayed up so must be favourites for second spot.

That means the rest are only there for the play offs and we are by no means the best of the rest. I'd agree MK Dons are a threat and Peterboro plus the sides finishing above us last year. Add the iron and a couple of other mid table sides from last year to do well (certainly Walsall) and it is going to be very hard indeed.

On the plus side now we have wingers, we could have two of the divisions highest scorers...hopefully an improved defence....and anything in midfield would be better (assuming we sign anything?):rolleyes:

Mar 9, 2008
I hope Dave reconsiders his flounce from Nsc. Without him, this board will sink as low as Desert Orchids grave. (No offence, Uncle Spielberg)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here