Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Cole

Zamora 25

Mar 11, 2008
Brighton
if you took Lahm out of the equasion because he's classed as a right back, there isnt another top name left back to put above Ashley Cole.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I thought the left back for the Faroe islands was real class!!! Just thought id mention it lol

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
exactly, Lahm is a right back not a left back. Cole IS the best left back in the world... move on.

He can play either side equally well, Lahm is the 2nd best left back in the world... ;-)

Id take Cole over Lahm any day in my side though, Cole has the edge in pace so would get the nod from me !

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
too bloomin right! cole is HUGELY overated in my opinion. the man cannot kick a football with one of his feet for christ sakes!

i would pick any of these lefties over cole - i honestly would:

carlos calcido
fabio coentrao
patrice evra
jerome boateng
martin caceres
jaon capdevila
michael bastos (midfielder really, but still better than cole at left back)
kerry mayo

actually, i would seriously consider the wigan left back figueroa over cole.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have we already done a thread on Glen Johnson or something?

Because unless we have, I can't see why, when there are two regular England full backs, Ashley Cole is the one getting the stick.

An odious little man, sure, but absolutely streets ahead of the woeful Johnson when it comes to defending. I don't think he's that bad going forward either.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Because unless we have, I can't see why, when there are two regular England full backs, Ashley Cole is the one getting the stick.

An odious little man, sure, but absolutely streets ahead of the woeful Johnson when it comes to defending. I don't think he's that bad going forward either.

On Glen Johnson, I went to the game on Wednesday and was amazed that the people I went with didn't know the story about Artful dodger Johnson getting nicked by a 74 year old security guard for nicking taps in B&Q.

Whilst Ashley is England biggest tosspot, Johnson is without doubt the thickest member of the squad and I haven't forgotten Wayne Rooney either. I'd also hazard a guess that the security guard moved quicker than any of that shower of shit did on Tuesday night.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Genuinely say this guy is...

evrafightPA_450x300.jpg

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
i dont like cole as a person, but as a player there is not a better left back in the world. anyone that says hes shite, either just hates him or knows f*** all about football.
its the right back glen johnson we should be talking about, he should not be wearing the england shirt EVER....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's surprising how crap Johnson has turned out to be. When he was a youngster he really looked like he was going to be a bit of a star. But has since either totally lost his form, or been shown up as out of his league by numerous other players. I'm not sure which it is.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On Glen Johnson, I went to the game on Wednesday and was amazed that the people I went with didn't know the story about Artful dodger Johnson getting nicked by a 74 year old security guard for nicking taps in B&Q.

I'd also hazard a guess that the security guard moved quicker than any of that shower of shit did on Tuesday night.

I *think* the story was that he paid for a toilet seat having swapped the one that was originally in the box for a more expensive one. He said it was just a mistake :lolol:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i dont like cole as a person, but as a player there is not a better left back in the world. anyone that says hes shite, either just hates him or knows f*** all about football.
its the right back glen johnson we should be talking about, he should not be wearing the england shirt EVER....

but there are loads better left backs. there's a better left back in the premiership, let alone the rest of the world's leagues!

agree with you in glen johnson though, he IS turd.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
too bloomin right! cole is HUGELY overated in my opinion. the man cannot kick a football with one of his feet for christ sakes!

carlos calcido
fabio coentrao
patrice evra
jerome boateng
martin caceres
jaon capdevila
kerry mayo

Patrice Evra is a good shout although I personally prefer Cole as a player as I think he offers slightly more going forward. The others youve mentioned there... no chance are they better players than Cole!

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009

carlos calcido
fabio coentrao
patrice evra
jerome boateng
martin caceres
jaon capdevila
kerry mayo

Calcido and Caceres are right footed by the way...

Dr_Pepper

Oct 2, 2010
South England
Cole is one of the best left back's in the world cause of the team he is in, and the players all understand each other which makes his role more easier. But when he in England squad he still good, but not as good cause in the Montenegro match there was no one he regularly plays with so it more harder for him to be as good when playing for Chelsea.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Maybe there should be a thread about Glen Johnson, you could start one.

I started mine about ASHLEY COLE, which is allowed is it not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here