Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Cole

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Terry-Butcher-Sweden1.jpg

I would cuffing LOVE to have some England players with THIS amount of pride and desire to wear the shirt these days.

(Can you believe the tiniest spot of blood nowadays and you have to change shirts, yet in the 80's you could get away with this !)

I believe that game was a FRIENDLY against Sweden as well.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No he hasn't signed, the "gossip" is that he is "To sign".

Footballers wages spoil the game, the wages are obscene and morally wrong ... however if you are in extreme poverty £25 on a football game or £400 on a season ticket is obscene and morally wrong, I guess?

If they offered £120,000 a week for flippin burgers to the best burger flipper in the UK and it was you, would you really turn it down?

I don't like Ashley but he does the business for England and he's at the top of his peers and therefore attracts the best salary.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I believe that game was a FRIENDLY against Sweden as well.

It was against Sweden, but it wasn't a friendly. This was the final qualifying game for Italia 90, we needed a point to qualify, and got it with a 0-0.

Armchair Loyalist

Jul 26, 2004
It was against Sweden, but it wasn't a friendly. This was the final qualifying game for Italia 90, we needed a point to qualify, and got it with a 0-0.

Sorry for being picky. The Sweden game was the penultimate game, we finsihed our qualifying away to Poland a month later

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
nah Italia 90 qualifier. Finished 2nd in our group to Sweden, yet we incredibly went the whole qualifying group without conceding

Furry muff, I stand erected. Think he may have finished a friendly game in a similar bloody state as well.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I can't wait to see the back of him the snidey money grabbing man whore. He's the type of twat that exemplifies whats wrong with footballers these days

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry for being picky. The Sweden game was the penultimate game, we finsihed our qualifying away to Poland a month later

Ahh yes. And Poland hit the bar with almost the last kick from a long-range HOWITZER, which would have sent THEM to Italy instead of us.

Shilton claimed he left it as he didn't want to concede a corner.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Kin' miracle, it worked as I dive into this century!

Armchair Loyalist

Jul 26, 2004
Ahh yes. And Poland hit the bar with almost the last kick from a long-range HOWITZER, which would have sent THEM to Italy instead of us.

Shilton claimed he left it as he didn't want to concede a corner.

As it turns out even a loss would of seen us qualify. Good god i am in a fussy mood today

Attachments

• group-2-1990-wcq.jpg
    group-2-1990-wcq.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 82

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Apprarently this "rumour" is gathering credence (5 Live), either way I think he'd be better off out of the Premiership be that Madrid, Barcelona or Brighton?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No we still made a pig's ear of "easy" games in those days also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here