Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
all this fuss....

surely what it's about is whoever Gus picks, if they are wearing the shirt then we back them. We have 3 games to make a little bit of history, and the last thing we need is sniping...sure Barnes was stupid but by all accounts he has learned his lesson and if thats the case then he can certainly do a job. I may not be his biggest fan, but on the whole he does his best even (or especially) when played out of position, and could be an important player for us. I acccept that everyone will have their own opinion, but for the good of the team lets make the Amex noisier than a noisy thing and show the boys that we back them 100%.

Please please can we just get behind the team on Saturday in particular.....or is that too much to ask for?

Great post.

He might not be everyone's favourite player but him coming back from suspension has come at a very useful time.

He'll get my full support tomorrow.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But EP, most are proposing he flipping start on Saturday...... off the bench fine because we have no viable alternative, but start????..... do me a favour.

Most aren't.

We know you have a pathological hatred of Barnes, but by continually rewriting history and condemning anyone who thinks that Barnes is anything other than totally useless you are diminishing your own argument.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm confused about how I will respond to him. I'm one of those that are always defending him.

But, I also don't like applauding players who get deserved red cards as they walk off the pitch.

I know I won't boo him, because that's too pantomime, and I'm an adult. But I feel uncomfortable applauding someone who tried to trip a ref, even if he has 'served his time' so to speak. But I also want to support anyone who wears the stripes on the pitch.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sorry, but if you let your team, employer and fans down, as he has, how can he expect to walk straight back in?

What message would that give to others who've worked their balls off to get us into this position during the last seven games?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Most aren't.

We know you have a pathological hatred of Barnes, but by continually rewriting history and condemning anyone who thinks that Barnes is anything other than totally useless you are diminishing your own argument.
I argue the point, I don't condemn specifically,... in fact I do no more to defend my position, than the pro Barnes lobby do to defend theirs. I cant at least be accused of being a hypocrite, I am pretty consistent with my view, which hasn't really changed since midway through last season.

Last edited:

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Best solution....If your going to boo Barnes and upset the team,JUST DON'T GO.
It's about winning this game not being a complete twit.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry, but if you let your team, employer and fans down, as he has, how can he expect to walk straight back in?
It's not about his expectations is it, it's about the manager doing his best to get us promoted.

What message would that give to others who've worked their balls off to get us into this position during the last seven games?
The message is simple. Gus: You've put a lot of effort to get us this far - we could now cut off our nose to spite our face, teach Barnes a lesson, and waste all your hard work, or we could do what's best for the team and try and get promoted - I've decided to go for the latter.

I cant at least be accused of being a hypocrite, I am pretty consistent with my view, which hasn't really changed since midway through last season.
Failing to admit you're wrong is not a strength.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Barnes will almost certainly be on the bench.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Failing to admit you're wrong is not a strength.
Well opinion is always mixed on boards like these,... who is to say your lofty views are the correct ones? .... I know I am not wrong though, perhaps the difference between you and I.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Err, he hasn't walked straight back in. He's been out for SEVEN games serving his punishment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well opinion is always mixed on boards like these,... who is to say your lofty views are the correct ones?
Me. And Gus agrees with me.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Me. And Gus agrees with me.
Naah,.. Gus's comments are far from supportive, he would have been binned if we had alternatives, and I don't just mean this month either, anytime over the last year Gus would have replaced him if Ulloa or a player like him had arrived in one of the trf windows.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Naah,.. Gus's comments are far from supportive, he would have been binned if we had alternatives, and I don't just mean this month either, anytime over the last year Gus would have replaced him if Ulloa or a player like him had arrived in one of the trf windows.
But I haven't said any different to that. My view is simply that Gus is a decent manager, and he should pick the team. If he thinks Barnes is good enough to play (for whatever reason), then that's good enough for me. That's it.

Some others here think they're a lot more clued up about what works for us than Gus is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here