Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Mr and Mrs Barnes are expecting a baby boy who was due to arrive today but currently no news.

clif26

Oct 18, 2010
Personally, I'd rather keep Barnes as I really rate him and think he has great potential.

No argument there. I imagined a strikeforce of CMS and Maynard, plus KLL and Nooney.- Autodefecation for a lot of defenses.
No matter. An exciting season beckons.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
barnes is going nowhere anyway. He only moved into his new house 2 weeks ago. My mate moved him to Rottingdean. Have pics to prove, he said he will be staying here a while

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
barnes is going nowhere anyway. He only moved into his new house 2 weeks ago. My mate moved him to Rottingdean. Have pics to prove, he said he will be staying here a while

I don't think he is going anywhere but the fact he has just moved doesn't mean too much. Dean Hammond had only just moved before he went to Colchester

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I don't think he is going anywhere but the fact he has just moved doesn't mean too much. Dean Hammond had only just moved before he went to Colchester

Why would he even want to move? He has just been promoted, got a chance of pushing for premier league, got new house, new baby.......Things dont really get better than that. He will be an important player for us this season

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I didn't mean it to sound like you disagreed, I was just saying what i think

Ok fair enough. It might just be that should the club get an offer they can't refuse for him, that things won't be so rosy and it might end up being in his best interests to move on. Moving house means next to nothing in terms of whether a player is staying or going

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He's obviosuly stayed behind becuase of the pending birth and rightly so.

But Poyet still wants to sign another striker according to his interview in the Argus.

Looks like my earlier prediction of Ashley being our 4th choice striker, may be a little optimistic.......

If Berkamp and Agenstein carry on doing the business, he could be struggling to get a game in the stiffs at this rate. But as I said last season, he's not good enough for us, wasn't then, definately isn't now.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He's obviosuly stayed behind becuase of the pending birth and rightly so.

But Poyet still wants to sign another striker according to his interview in the Argus.

Looks like my earlier prediction of Ashley being our 4th choice striker, may be a little optimistic.......

If Berkamp and Agenstein carry on doing the business, he could be struggling to get a game in the stiffs at this rate. But as I said last season, he's not good enough for us, wasn't then, definately isn't now.

:bla::bla::bla:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if he was offloaded, but only if we go out and spunk another big sum on a striker.

If we did this we would then have Hoskins, CMS, and new guy all ahead of Barnes I suspect. Would be hard to keep him happy then.

I am led to understand that it is due to the imminent birth of his child (I wish them both my very best) I would hate it if he was shipped out at this stage, there's so much more to come from him and I don't think it would happen anyway, Gus rates him. Last season he scored 20 goals (I believe) which is a brilliant return and if he was more clinical in front of goal could have bagged 25 plus, he had plenty of chances to do so. He's young and very much a confidence player, I think if he can work on his finishing, i.e. stay behind after training practicing and if he puts that type of dedication in I honestly believe if selected we may have a 15 goal plus man already for next season

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Gus is building a squad of players, not just a first team.

He wants good quality cover for every position and I'm pretty sure that will include Barnes. Thought he was terrific last season and improving all the time.
I think he can make the next step up into the Championship and do well for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here