Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
barnes is going nowhere anyway. He only moved into his new house 2 weeks ago. My mate moved him to Rottingdean. Have pics to prove, he said he will be staying here a while

Isn't it Ovingdean? Or is that where he used to live? Saw him outside a house there with boxes so assumed he was moving in/out.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I think we'll need what we have up top plus another tbh. The addition of CM-S is bound to lead to an increase in the workrate of the other forward players. Compared to Murray, who has different talents, CM-S is perpetual motion. They will do very well to last 90 mins if they try to emulate his commitment. I don't see how we can include KLL, Noone and Buckley from the off either so envisage a season of 65th minute substitutions with striker for striker and winger for winger and a lot of rotation from match to match.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think we'll need what we have up top plus another tbh. The addition of CM-S is bound to lead to an increase in the workrate of the other forward players. Compared to Murray, who has different talents, CM-S is perpetual motion. They will do very well to last 90 mins if they try to emulate his commitment. I don't see how we can include KLL, Noone and Buckley from the off either so envisage a season of 65th minute substitutions with striker for striker and winger for winger and a lot of rotation from match to match.

Indeed. No break whatsoever for any tiring defenders on the expansive Amex pitch

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Does the difference in the sizes of pitches make that much of a difference? The rules give a 30% leeway in length, and 100% in width (130 v. 100; 100 v. 50), but nothing like that in real-world professional practice. 6 yards difference in length, in the 2007 EPL anyways, and 7 yards in width. That's 18 and 21 feet respectively.

Workrate must have a far larger impact on how gassed players are come the 60 min. mark than pitch size, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here