Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fully agree.
Anyone who doubts this lads ability just needs to watch that 2nd goal. The movement and timing of his run was sheer perfection, and he could not have put it on a plate any better for Glenn.

Barnes is just getting better and better.

Oh my god the curved run was f***ing poetry - could see he was onside and got himself 15 yards of space. Great performace - deserved goalS!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Worked incredibly hard today too, deserved a goal.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Re-Dicker cant believe how many people give him grief for a couple of mis-placed passes. Of course he will miss-place a couple, he tries the hardest passes and the ones that will result in goals. Give him a break, 3 assists what more do you want?

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Re-Dicker cant believe how many people give him grief for a couple of mis-placed passes. Of course he will miss-place a couple, he tries the hardest passes and the ones that will result in goals. Give him a break, 3 assists what more do you want?

some people dont understand football, they wont see dicker playing most of his passes to albion players but will pick up on one poor pass.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Barnes has been quality all season. Even when he was not scoring he was working his socks off. His vision and timing have improved. He's turning in to an all round player now and maybe Poyets £1m valuation might be realised even before the end of the season.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
agree

really starting to hit good form
if a player of the same abilty of ash came in but he was 28-3-+ i wouldnt be so keen but the sheer age of the man is frighting hes only going to get ''better and better''

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Brilliant today, his link up play was second to none, the lad deserved a goal, fantastic performance.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i know we had to make the early change but i think this 3 up top business suits ashley ! he has been in great form of late

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Barnes was immense today, for sure, he is so much more than just a striker.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
What has impressed me about Bridcutt and Barnes is that they have continued to improve as the season has gone on. Shows absolutely the right attitude and the strength of the coaching set up. Hope both are here for some time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Played a blinder today but needs to curb that temper of his otherwise he will see red shortly.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Not giving him grief at all, just thought he didn't play well enough for the MOTM award. Probably was a bit too harsh by saying mediocre, though we could easily have been one down early on when he lost the ball.

Not sure how you get 3 assists?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only criticism I have of Barnes is that he gets far too wound up if he feels aggrieved about a decision or a tackle on him. Taking the law into your own hands, as he seems to be quite happy to do is the only real weakness in his game imo. Maturity and substitutions when he does it should sort that out though. Quality player.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Not giving him grief at all, just thought he didn't play well enough for the MOTM award. Probably was a bit too harsh by saying mediocre, though we could easily have been one down early on when he lost the ball.

Not sure how you get 3 assists?
Played the ball to Chris Wood for the first goal.
Played the ball through to Barnes for the second (not technically an assist but a defence splitting pass of a high standard)
Played the through ball for Murray on the third

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Agree on Dicker being immense. Had him second to Barnes yesterday.

Dicker deserves alot more credit than he has been given, he has been key for us this season, with the ball at his feet he is the best in our team, And he picks some cracking passes.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Played the ball to Chris Wood for the first goal.
Played the ball through to Barnes for the second (not technically an assist but a defence splitting pass of a high standard)
Played the through ball for Murray on the third

Greer played the ball through to Barnes for the second goal but ignoring that two assists is pretty impressive. Barnes was superb yesterday and I would have given him man of the match. He could become a great player for us.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well, I do like to spur on the youngsters any way I can. Nice to see someone argreed he game needed uping though!!

You say you want him to do well and prove you wrong yet after a great performance like yesterday all you can do is say this. How about saying he was great yesterday or is proving you wrong. Also, the other comment says he was average at Bournemouth, which is one game so it doesn't backup your point which you claim was after watching him week in, week out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here