Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hope he makes it as Holroyd definitely won't.

borowha

Dec 19, 2008
Barnes will always flourish in a good passing side.I saw him a number of times when he was at loan at Eastbourne.Apart from being a talented footballer he is also a nice bloke.He would be a good permanent addition as in my view the best is yet to come.:clap2:

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I think its obvious. Gus is no mug and he will get it right more times than he will get it wrong with choosing players. In this case, on what we have seen so far, Holroyd and Barnes have both got something to offer, so lets just back them to the hilt when they do play.

It's scary that we have almost got a decent team again that is playing some truly quality football at times. Long may it continue :clap::clap:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Another thing I noticed last night, was when one of our players were hacked down (by Jaidi I think?) and Barnes went mental and started on Jaidi, gets my respect for that alone!!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Another thing I noticed last night, was when one of our players were hacked down (by Jaidi I think?) and Barnes went mental and started on Jaidi, gets my respect for that alone!!

I forgot about that. How on earth did Jaidi not get a yellow card for that. He kicked Crofts in the head!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Agree, you can see he cares and feels a strong part of the team already. Also nice to see Bennett get more determined as the game went on in his battle with Harding. Makes you proud, when you consider all the passionless, disinterested rubbish we've seen over the last couple of years.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Agree, you can see he cares and feels a strong part of the team already. Also nice to see Bennett get more determined as the game went on in his battle with Harding. Makes you proud, when you consider all the passionless, disinterested rubbish we've seen over the last couple of years.

Yeah but they bled blue and white......... :shootself

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Yeah but they bled blue and white......... :shootself
Bled, bleed? Sarcasm or serious? Elaborate, please. Are you making the point that there's no loyalty in football these days?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Bled, bleed? Sarcasm or serious? Elaborate, please. Are you making the point that there's no loyalty in football these days?

Sorry, sarcasm! It was the classic line trotted out a year or so ago wasnt it. Shows you dont have to be born in the BN postcode to have a bit of desire etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here