Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
Can we not have this thread turn in to a Beach Hut fueled Dickinson bin fest please? If you want to do that start a new thread... This thread is for Ashley "Albion legend in the making" Barnes. Thank you.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I like Dickinson and Barnes.

Barnes has looked fantastic when he has come on as a sub, So lively and, keep this quiet, looks better than Holroyd

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The problem is Barnes is pushing his price up match by match.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
He was great when I saw him play for Eastbourne Boro and he`s great for us, I`m soooo pleased for him he`s making an immediate impact but lets not lose our heads, he`s no Zamora but hes a real trier and from what I`ve heard him say since he`s been here, he speaks well too and seems to have got a good head on his shoulders and hes passionate. Keep it up Barnesy!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I hope we'll be seeing many more kissing the wrist celebrations from the lad. I've seen enough to think he'd be a good signing for next season. I'd be interested to see how he'd play alongside Holroyd if we went 4-4-2 at any time. Although he hasn't hit the net yet I've been impressed with Holroyd's all round play and reckon he'd create plenty of chances with his touch, speed and positioning. I think it's great we have two young promising strikers right now.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
personally I think Dickinson has a lot to offer and will be back as well.

I couldn't disagree more. In my opinion he absolutely nothing to offer, apart from a terrible attitute and very limited ability. I'm glad Gus seems not to rate him.

We are now persueing better quality players with a solid work ethic.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Barnes looks to be a quality addition. I was underwhelmed when we signed him, purely because of the teams he has played for in the last year.

He has shown how foolish my scepticism was with two terrific substitute appearances. Let's hope he can reproduce that form on Monday. Keep it up Ashley!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think given Carole has started to justify his contract I think Dickenson needs to get a few games here under Poyet and then we'll see.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Gus (or whoever is scouting for him) does seem to have an unnerving ability to find relatively untested, obscure players that are actually class. You need look no further than Calderon.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Has anyone else watched his interviews on Player? He seems extremely nervous in front of the camera and unsure how to present himself- not that it matters, confident enough in front of goal!

P.s. if you have Player, watch the interview as it has short clips of the goals as well, cross just keeps looking better, and Bennet's really was a cracking strike.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Dickinson scores goals and will have another chance

I don't think it is just about goals with Poyet, its about attitude and the team ethos as well hence Forsters departure

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Looks a really good prospect, just hope Plymouth don't want him back. Thought he did well against a poor Tranmere at the weekend but this was a much tougher opposition and he played better. His all round play was good and although Lua Lua put the goal on a plate for him, we have had many strikers over the years, including a couple out on loan at the moment, who would have missed it.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
You'd think Plymouth coming down would reduce his chances of coming here. But everything hes said so far sounds as if hes determined to do enough to convince Gus to get him back next season.

Plus, if it means wanting Plymouth to stay up at the expense of Palace Im not exactly going to oppose that.

ironacton

Jul 14, 2009
Looks a really good prospect, just hope Plymouth don't want him back. Thought he did well against a poor Tranmere at the weekend but this was a much tougher opposition and he played better. His all round play was good and although Lua Lua put the goal on a plate for him, we have had many strikers over the years, including a couple out on loan at the moment, who would have missed it.

From what I have seen on Plymouth site they dont rate him at all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here