Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
philippa_forrester_photo_24.jpg

Yeah, I agree 100% too, as a Gully's girl she didnt really cut it...

Edit: Oh ar** - how do you post a link to an image that actually shows the image?!

i]mg]

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Wood. Murray. Theres two. Sandaza if given a run may be. Thats three.

Murray cost 300k, so not relevant for what I said- nor for comparison. Wood is on loan, not our player. Sandaza is unproven. Despite this, each of these players have their own weaknesses which you fail to mention. However, this is the reason they are league one players.

Still a long way from convincing me that your point is valid..

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
so im the prick am i? your the "fan" whos slagging one of your teams players off. you clearly no f*** all about football, thinking players are shit because "there not strong" or missed chances. whenever ive seen barnes play hes held the ball up well and had great movment, and yer he has missed a few chances but if anyone can improve a player its gus. are you one of these fans who goes to a game and if a players misplaces a pass you get straight on there backs? and as for the one liners that is mostly me calling you a ****, twat ect, im sorry but thats what id do if i see you face to face.

just making sure you see this

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well I as 100% behind him getting rid of Forster, despite being in the minority on here. I'm not an ex county league ful back, and im not saying I know more than Gus, all I am sayinf in a round a bout sort of why is I think Barnes is pony, and not good enough for us.

I presume you are not an English teacher either, but that's irrelevant.

What DO you expect for £80,000 in League 1?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Do you think we'll bring in someone better than Barnes and Sandaza in your eyes?

Yes. Hopefully this wndow, but more likely on loan. My only fear is Gus' handling of Murray may backfire on him, and the worst case being Murrays gone by the end of Jan. Murray and his agent know Murray could walk into anyther league one side, and probably a few Championship so I dont think Gus' comments were helpful after the game, but as I said before Gus is god, and whatever he does is right cause hes a class act, and hopefully he will be here for many years to come. Its just doesnt mean I have to agree with everything he does, and I fear for our season over Murray, and I think Barnes is poor, despite his 10 goals, and not just cause of yesterday.

I like Gus would like to fall asleep and wake up in Febraury with every one still here. If we do I think we'll go up, but if we lose Murray and don't replace him for like for like, then I can see a lot of tears on here by May.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I presume you are not an English teacher either, but that's irrelevant.

What DO you expect for £80,000 in League 1?
Well,more than you obvisouly. Watch him closely in the next few games, and if I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up, but whilst he's no Noone Murray or Wood, a professional player of any standard should be more aware of whats going on, whats going to happen , than Barnes. I except to see players watching the ball and chasing after it in parks, I except professionals to be able to read the game better than Barnes. Okay so he cant hold the ball up or take the physical side of it. In which case he should be at least good in his positional and reading of the game, and you watch him closely in the next couple of games, and come back on here and list his good points. Hopefully Murray will be back in, as I think Gus' comments also allowed for that, but there Murray was dropped for his contract situation, because if he wasn't then I WOULD question Lord Gus for playing a lightweight against a physical side, but I'm sure it'll all turn out well in teh end...... if Murray stays

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
just making sure you see this
What, that you managed to post more than one line,and not called someone a prick... well done.

My views different to your. I dont think Barnes holds the ball up well, or has great movement. Thanks for telling me what sort of fan I am, but I can assure you I am not. Mistakes happen, and there were a few yesterday, and some of the passes were f***ing unluckly, and I certainly wouldn't get on anyones back for misplacing a pass. I've never slagged a player of during a game, they dont mean to make mistakes.

I just dont rate Barnes and I've said why. By the way you act, I should think your a **** for likeing him, but I don't. It's your view. I just think you are because of the way you post. If you disagree I'll try and tell you why I think what I think, thats the point of a debate board, but I stand by what I think because thats my view, and I wont change it if he plays one great game, same as I wont change my view on Murray if he has a shit one.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
What, that you managed to post more than one line,and not called someone a prick... well done.

My views different to your. I dont think Barnes holds the ball up well, or has great movement. Thanks for telling me what sort of fan I am, but I can assure you I am not. Mistakes happen, and there were a few yesterday, and some of the passes were f***ing unluckly, and I certainly wouldn't get on anyones back for misplacing a pass. I've never slagged a player of during a game, they dont mean to make mistakes.

I just dont rate Barnes and I've said why. By the way you act, I should think your a **** for likeing him, but I don't. It's your view. I just think you are because of the way you post. If you disagree I'll try and tell you why I think what I think, thats the point of a debate board, but I stand by what I think because thats my view, and I wont change it if he plays one great game, same as I wont change my view on Murray if he has a shit one.

f*** me your boring

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
you watch him closely in the next couple of games, and come back on here and list his good points.

I agree that his is not physically strong against big defenders, but he is reasonably quick, gets into goalscoring positions and scores goals.

10 goals for £80k is good value in my eyes. I personally don't see how scoring that many goals makes him 'pony' but let's just agree to disagree.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I can assure you he isn't a prick, just a fan who hates seeing Brighton players unfairly abused.

I'm sure he's not, but with his one liners he's doing a bloodly good impression of one. But I'm hardly abusing Barnes cause I dont rate him. I didnt rate him earlier in teh season and still dont. I dont hink its unfair to cristise him for what I have. As I said, watch him closely over the next few games, and you tell me he's a league one striker, and I'll tell you why he aint...., (no you watch him go and get thre hattricks on the spin!!)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I agree that his is not physically strong against big defenders, but he is reasonably quick, gets into goalscoring positions and scores goals.

10 goals for £80k is good value in my eyes. I personally don't see how scoring that many goals makes him 'pony' but let's just agree to disagree.
Cool lets argree to disagree, but please you watch him closely in the next couple of games, and come back on here and list his good points. And I'll concede now hes a great penatly taker!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mr B

1. What is your definition of 'a league 1 striker'?
2. What is your definition of 'a league 1 manager'?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
No, you need to have read through it for this to make sense. Most peoples only argument was that hes scored 10 goals and stats dont lie. That above proves you can use stats to say anything. Off course for a true reflection I should use the whole season. But for a true reflection of a player, I think you need to read past his most important stats and look at the actual player. As I have said before, if/when we are in the championship and Barnes chances and goals dry up, all things being equal he'll probably be on three or four goals at that standard instead of ten now, and everyone who rates him now because he has 10, will be hammering him becuase he may only have four, but he'll still be the same player. If you see what I'm trying to say.

It the same as we win three on the trot, we are the greatest and the best management ever. If we lose a few everyones a **** and should be sacked. Thats' what a lot of posters on here are like. Very short term views and opinions.

This is probably the most ironic post I have ever seen. If Murray's goal had counted yesterday and we had got a point, I bet you would not have started this thread. Sadly though whenever we lose some of our fans can't just accept that we are going to lose games but they need a scapegoat. Earlier today it was Calderon and now you have turned on Barnes. I honestly cannot see what more you can expect of a 21 year old in his first full season of league football who cost about £100K. Even if you can expect more, what does this thread actually achieve. Luckily most people seem to agree with Gus and have sense rather than the reactionary rubbish you have spouted on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here