Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Asda freshly made pizzas

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Not an ASDA shopper myself - I've been turned against anything or anyone who has anything to do with Walmart - its going to take a lot for me to every shop there....

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
tedebear said:
Not an ASDA shopper myself - I've been turned against anything or anyone who has anything to do with Walmart - its going to take a lot for me to every shop there....

This is going to sound ignorant incredibly insensitive to whatever political/social reason there is for this, but what on earth is wrong with Wal-Mart? I just got back from America and I thought it was brilliant - Dickies t-shirts for $5? Awesome!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I do sometimes go in and just buy one of their pizzas, they are truly spectacular, and an absolute bargain.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
They really can't be beaten, Morrisons do pretty good ones but they just can't match Asda also they are about a quid more, but Morrisons have the best fruit and Veg by a country mile.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yes, ASBOs pizzas are nice. Shame you only get to pick 4 toppings though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I only ever go to Asda for one of their pizzas. Haven't for months now though - may have to change that this week.

Agree - stonebaked rocks and you can even get saucy with some chilli oil.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
ATFC Seagull said:
This is going to sound ignorant incredibly insensitive to whatever political/social reason there is for this, but what on earth is wrong with Wal-Mart? I just got back from America and I thought it was brilliant - Dickies t-shirts for $5? Awesome!

A short synopsis:

Sweatshops (Bangladesh, Honduras to name 2) where people are overworked, underpaid (43c a day) Walmart operated in these countries under free trade conditions hence providing no sales taxes, no input back into the community....

Union Busting - Firing its entire cleaning force in the late 90's and replacing them almost immediately with cheap labour - to avoid the threat of a union being formed in an attempt to ask for higher wages....

This recent ad in the press which also contains a short piece at the bottom in relation to some other of Walmarts faux par:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/13/AR2005051301423.html

Just to name a few - just do a goole for walmart and you'll see how many people can't stand them....

I for one don't wish to contribute to their $10billion profit on 2004 so I shop elsewhere - places where something is put back into the community - not simply the directors coffers....

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
If you worried whether every single product you bought from every single shop was 100% ethical, you'd end up buying nothing at all.

Asda's indian take aways are also superb.

Very authentic, and reasonably priced compared to your usual local takeaway.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Smart Mart said:
If you worried whether every single product you bought from every single shop was 100% ethical, you'd end up buying nothing at all.

Yeah, but you would say that; you're obviously related to Wal Mart :)

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Smart Mart said:

Very true - and no you can't tell that - but the evidence against Walmart is plainly obvious so for me thats good enough...ethics are one thing I can't stand being abused...

I prefer to shop at the farmers market when they come to town - but thats not always possible - so as much as I can I take heed of where I shop and try to do the right thing - I'd much rather shop at the local green grocer, butcher etc - but those days are over I suppose - just try as much as I can really.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here