Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As things stand are you are a sth will you be renewing next season - The Poll

As things stand will you be renewing your sth ?

• Yes - No Doubt

Votes: 78 60.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Depends on the terms offered

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • I am not a sth but will get one next season

Votes: 14 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
3 yr sth..but would renew ...its saturday and that normally involves the Albion..why change a 30 year habit

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Depends on the terms offered -
I am 60 on 14th August but the club will want me to renew in March. If I renew then, I will be losing a lot of money because for the vast majority of the season (ie 41 games) I will be entitled to a concession.
I will ring the club to find out what can be done. If they want me to renew at full price and then claim a refund, then I shan't renew but get individual tickets until the following season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Depends on the terms offered -
I am 60 on 14th August but the club will want me to renew in March. If I renew then, I will be losing a lot of money because for the vast majority of the season (ie 41 games) I will be entitled to a concession.
I will ring the club to find out what can be done. If they want me to renew at full price and then claim a refund, then I shan't renew but get individual tickets until the following season.

That's a curious scenario to be in, isn't it?

So you were happy to pay £430 (or whatever it was) to watch this season but, assuming no change in prices, you're not willing to pay the same for next season?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Will wait and see how much they reduce the cost of tickets for the remainder of this season to see whether it is worth the outlay or if it will be cheaper to buy for each game.

One thing that would convince me is if they made the paying of ST spread over 12 months direct debit.

I am quite surprised the club don't offer this, maybe charge (small %) more because of the DD. I know we need the money for over the summer but big clubs do it. Must be something the club have looked into doing

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
That's a curious scenario to be in, isn't it?

So you were happy to pay £430 (or whatever it was) to watch this season but, assuming no change in prices, you're not willing to pay the same for next season?

No, if I am entitled to a concession then why should I pay full price?
I will be on less money.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am quite surprised the club don't offer this, maybe charge (small %) more because of the DD. I know we need the money for over the summer but big clubs do it. Must be something the club have looked into doing

It would be an absolute pain in the arse and a huge administrative headache wouldn't it?

What happens when a season ticket holder defaults on payments - is the season ticket suspended or cancelled? All well and good but how does that work in practice when the ticket is presented at the turnstyle - just one more cardboard ticket amongst thousands?

Beyond that what happens if the season ticket holder has sold on a particular match ticket or the whole season ticket?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, if I am entitled to a concession then why should I pay full price?

I'm neither suggesting nor saying there is any reason why you should pay full price.

But surely you can see the curiousness of the situation that someone is happy to pay full whack one year but not the next. And, please, this is not personal to you - just the particular scenario.

And the other curious point about this situation (and, again, it's not personal to you) is that a very significant part of what it is to be a 'supporter' is to provide financial support. By doing this we provide cold hard cash to our beloved club. But the specifics of your situation is you have an opportunity to give the club less money for the same product.

For one final time, what I'm saying is not personal and I imagine I'd be the same. It is, as I say, curious.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think once we are mathematically safe (which hopefully wont be long) that Wilkins throws caution to the wind and we go on a long unbeaten run like our Croydon friends that sets us up for NEXT season.

At the moment there is a bit of trepidation which is understandable a bad run could result in a slide down the table just like a good run could send us further up.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I think once we are mathematically safe (which hopefully wont be long) that Wilkins throws caution to the wind and we go on a long unbeaten run like our Croydon friends that sets us up for NEXT season.

At the moment there is a bit of trepidation which is understandable a bad run could result in a slide down the table just like a good run could send us further up.

I reckon we need 5-7 more points to be secured of safety. Wilkins has nothing to lose, so why not be a bit more aggresive with his formation and style of play?

At the end of the day, none of us are really expecting to get anything out of this season. Throw caution to the wind, Dean...it's what this club needs!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would be an absolute pain in the arse and a huge administrative headache wouldn't it?

What happens when a season ticket holder defaults on payments - is the season ticket suspended or cancelled? All well and good but how does that work in practice when the ticket is presented at the turnstyle - just one more cardboard ticket amongst thousands?

Beyond that what happens if the season ticket holder has sold on a particular match ticket or the whole season ticket?

Set the date of the DD for the 1st of each month starting in May that means that by 7th May the DD will be cleared and send 1st months tickets (August) on 7th June send Sptembers so the money is in the bank 8 weeks before the ticket is due. If a dd is not met or stopped stop the tickets being posted easy. To cover the cost of postage charge an extra £10 per season postage.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Set the date of the DD for the 1st of each month starting in May that means that by 7th May the DD will be cleared and send 1st months tickets (August) on 7th June send Sptembers so the money is in the bank 8 weeks before the ticket is due. If a dd is not met or stopped stop the tickets being posted easy. To cover the cost of postage charge an extra £10 per season postage.

That sounds like a monthly ticket to me, which can be cancelled with impunity... and should not attract anything like the discount that an annual one does.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The non renewers are more than compensated by the new renewers therefore I declare the sth's next season will be 3150.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I will, my Dad too but, sadly, my son has lost interest...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not got a season ticket, definitely won't be getting one unless there are massive changes in the summer

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

yeah maybe it would have a few problems, but i know that Chelsea do it (granted we are not in the same position as them and expect it is all electronic cards and that) and surely some people who are unable to stump up the cash in one big go would welcome the chance of a smaller amount coming out of the account every month. But i take the point it would need some working out and some problems would arise, but don't really think it would be that big of a admin headache as all that would happen is money is taken from 1 account and placed in the BHA account.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm neither suggesting nor saying there is any reason why you should pay full price.

But surely you can see the curiousness of the situation that someone is happy to pay full whack one year but not the next. And, please, this is not personal to you - just the particular scenario.

And the other curious point about this situation (and, again, it's not personal to you) is that a very significant part of what it is to be a 'supporter' is to provide financial support. By doing this we provide cold hard cash to our beloved club. But the specifics of your situation is you have an opportunity to give the club less money for the same product.

For one final time, what I'm saying is not personal and I imagine I'd be the same. It is, as I say, curious.

That works in general with most things. There will be youngsters coming through who will be too old to get the child's concessions.
Why should under 16's get the same product? Usually because they don't earn a wage.
So therefore, pensioners who are no longer earning also get concessions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here